Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i look for a new dr for my lo? and how whould i go about doing that? (venting)

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM
  • 4 Replies

at first i like our ped, but now i think it's time to change drs cuz our ped never listens to me when i tlk to her. she cuts me off mid sentence. a couple days ago we went to the dr cuz  hanna has been throwing up just bout every day and the dr said that its normal and that its not throw up its spit up. i ask you is it spit up if it looks like everything she took in and has another 6 oz bottle just 15 to 20 mins later? i know what spit it looks like, lo spits up with just about every feeding we have to burp her with a baby towel instead of a burp rag cuz it's so much spit up, so i understand what the dr is saying about how it looks like a lot but it really isn't but i know what throw up looks like and i tried to tell the dr this and she didn't listen. she always acts like its an inconvenience to see us but if i'm paying to see her i think she should at least listen to me. it's not like we go to the dr all the time.

? how would i go about changing drs cuz i don't want to end up with a worse dr or another one just like her, can i go and tlk to drs with out being a patient? and should i call her dr she has now and tell her that i changed drs.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momofne
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Is your baby gaining weight? Thats the best way to predict if there is a problem.

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:20 PM
I think the best way to find a new doc is to talk to other moms in the area... ask about their docs and see what they say... my dds doc was my doc so I know him well I never had to look for one but good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaydence2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:22 PM

look up doctors that are accepting new patients and yes, many will allow you to talk to them prior to seeing them.

we are moving next week and ive been looking up doctors in our new area and i am going to go visit them prior to picking one.

momof3angela
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:38 PM

See if you can get by word of mouth another Dr to check out...and call to see if they are taking new patients and use your insurance.  Good luck....always trust your instincts...if you are not comfortable definitely switch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)