Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to do?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:37 AM
  • 15 Replies

We sold our car to someone last week for 1500.  He only had 1,000 at the time so we wrote up an agreement for him to pay us the rest tomorrow.  He is now saying he has to work overtime and if he can pay next week.  Will this ruin the the notarized agreement we have?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:02 PM

No idea. Why can't he pay after work?

Mommy2justone
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:03 PM
I would tell him you will hold the car till it is paid in full
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dkaam05
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:37 PM

I have no idea why he can't pay after work.  He does work nights, but he knows where we live.  He already has the car, that is why we had the agreement.  We also kept the $300 stereo so he doesn't get that till it is all paid.  I just look at the agreement though and it does say within two weeks.  So he has until Thursday to pay us and he said he will be down then.  I'm thinking he just doesn't have the money this week.  But who knows.

momof3angela
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Quoting Mommy2justone:

I would tell him you will hold the car till it is paid in full

I agree with this.

mamakenzi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:49 PM
If the agreement says within 2 weeks and you already gave him the car then there isn't much you can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hws060504
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Agreed.  But I would keep on him to make sure that he pays.

Quoting mamakenzi:

If the agreement says within 2 weeks and you already gave him the car then there isn't much you can do.

luvemboth
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM
There's really nothing you can do until Thurs. if he has that long to pay in your agreement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3angela
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Quoting luvemboth:

There's really nothing you can do until Thurs. if he has that long to pay in your agreement.

I hope he really comes through and pays fingers crossed

dkaam05
by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 12:07 PM

So I was right and he just didn't have the money.  After telling me several times Friday that he had to work and blah blah blah.  He did end up meeting me late Saturday night with the rest of the money and informed me he had to borrow it from a friend.  Oh well we are paid up and I am happy.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jul. 11, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Glad he finally paid you :-)

Quoting dkaam05:

So I was right and he just didn't have the money.  After telling me several times Friday that he had to work and blah blah blah.  He did end up meeting me late Saturday night with the rest of the money and informed me he had to borrow it from a friend.  Oh well we are paid up and I am happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)