Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im about to piss everyone off, beware, they might retaliate!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:18 PM
  • 11 Replies

So a little bit of background for ya...ds lives with dad, has since he was 13months. I was doin drugs. Well 8 yrs ago i decided to growup and havent touched a drug since. got maried, had a daughter(4) and was working full time until i deliverd her. Now im a sahm and have been for 4yrs. Meanwhile, my sons dad has yet to quit drugs and that life style. Ds is 11, starting puberty and still has trouble with pooping.  His sm is litterally crazy and treats ds like the "bad kid".  Ds has little to no supervision @ his house and allowed to run a muck all hours because the "parents" haver no concept of reality or time. Basically its really bad over there. Lots of people in and out and the kids are dirty and their clothes smell, they are always being yelled at the n sent to g.mas (across the street) because tweekers dont want to deal w/ kids, duh!! (There is lots more, but we dont have time for that)  

BOTTOM LINE......Sons dad cant seem to keep himself out of jail for longer than 6 months at a time and our family councelor is going to get the judge to award me temp custody and permanet placement . Im scared to start raising him after so long of no rules, cuz i have rules!!! and im scared what his dad is going to do when he gets out of jail in october.  I know all that is water under the bridge considering the better life ds will have w/ us. I just KNOW he doesnt want this, and i dread the day i have to tell him he cant go home to his dad.  Hes gonna retalite and yikes, i hope he understands that a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do to protect her babys. i know its been a long time coming, i was just a chicken shit who could justify his dads actions. BUT NOT ANY MORE. I have seen and cried  and listened to my sons anger enough. Its OVER.

......sorry, but my give~a~damn is broken.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Well I find it sad for your son to have to go through all of this.... but I think it's good you finally got YOUR life on track.... I wish you all the best with your son..... and as hard as it may be on him and you.... he will be a better person for not having to continue to grow up in a home with no rules, lots of drugs, and an absent father.

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:24 PM
I think ur doing the right thing it will be hard but we are here for u! i hope everything works out keep us updated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bnnic
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Thanks Ladies!

MooreTrio
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I agree that I think you're doing the right thing :) and congrats for breaking out and moving on! :0

mamakenzi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Quoting DelilahsMom4108:

Well I find it sad for your son to have to go through all of this.... but I think it's good you finally got YOUR life on track.... I wish you all the best with your son..... and as hard as it may be on him and you.... he will be a better person for not having to continue to grow up in a home with no rules, lots of drugs, and an absent father.

I wish you the best of luck.

Kenzi

I'm just me, love it or hate it, ask me if I care...whatev!

http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Best of luck to you! I hope everything goes better then you expect it will:)

bnnic
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Quoting ceciliam:

Best of luck to you! I hope everything goes better then you expect it will:)

Thanks! Im usually optomistic, but this time around its pretty hairy!!

......sorry, but my give~a~damn is broken.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Good luck! I hope it works out. Just remember, he may hate it now, but once he's older he'll thank you for it.

bnnic
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Thats the super scary part. i dont want a pissed off teenager and a scared dd. i hope he sees the good of it sooner than later. ive heard some pretty bad horror stories about teenagers who are mad and do terrible things . hopefully i can correct the probs b4 they get out of control. the last thing i want is for him to runaway or turn to drugs for the same reasons as i did. we talk openly about my drug use and hes aware of the concequences.

WandBmamma
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:47 PM
Also check to see if u can get him into counciling or an alanon (sp?) Type meeting for narcotics users. Being around other children or families that have been thru this situation might help him adjust.

Quoting bnnic:

Thats the super scary part. i dont want a pissed off teenager and a scared dd. i hope he sees the good of it sooner than later. ive heard some pretty bad horror stories about teenagers who are mad and do terrible things . hopefully i can correct the probs b4 they get out of control. the last thing i want is for him to runaway or turn to drugs for the same reasons as i did. we talk openly about my drug use and hes aware of the concequences.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)