Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever tried Karaoke?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM
  • 28 Replies

singing I can't sing good to save my life....and I've never tried it..... have you?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:09 PM

hahaa ohh yaaaaaa!!!!!!!   i loooooooove karaoke!!  when i was 19, my best friend and i would go to the bar every thursday and saturday night for karaoke!!  we would always sing together tho..i dont think i could ever go by myself!!  LOL  it was sooo fun!!  and then ya get guys buying ya drinks..and they pick the song ya have to sing HAHAHAH it was sooo much fun!!!!!  i miss those days sooooo much! then we ended up getting pregnant 4 months apart, and she moved away, and we lost touch.....  :(  

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Haha! Not in public  :-)  I almost did but I wasn't quite drunk enough. I had drunk enough to consider it, and even look through the songs but when it came down to actually going up there, I don't think there is enough alcohol in the world to get me to do that!

I can't sing either. I took chior in high school since I like to sing. But I knew I sucked (and lets face it, it was an easy A), so I'd just mouth the words and not make a sound. My teacher figured it out and made me stand in front of the class and sing then told me he agreed with me and I should just continue to mouth the words!

momof3angela
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:27 PM

My brother said he loves to do Karaoke...I can't picture him singing.  LOL  Wendy, I think I'd have to be drunk to do it....no, I take that back.  Everyone else listening to me would have to be....ROFL

momof3angela
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Sounds like you had so much fun:))))  Sorry you lost touch with your friend:(

Quoting alexis_06:

hahaa ohh yaaaaaa!!!!!!!   i loooooooove karaoke!!  when i was 19, my best friend and i would go to the bar every thursday and saturday night for karaoke!!  we would always sing together tho..i dont think i could ever go by myself!!  LOL  it was sooo fun!!  and then ya get guys buying ya drinks..and they pick the song ya have to sing HAHAHAH it was sooo much fun!!!!!  i miss those days sooooo much! then we ended up getting pregnant 4 months apart, and she moved away, and we lost touch.....  :(  

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Haha! Also true!

Quoting momof3angela:

My brother said he loves to do Karaoke...I can't picture him singing.  LOL  Wendy, I think I'd have to be drunk to do it....no, I take that back.  Everyone else listening to me would have to be....ROFL

proudmommy_1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Haha, not since I was old enough to care about how I sound! When I was younger though, my mom and sister would take me to a karaoke place with them and I'd get up there and belt it out without a care in the world. I sounded like crap but I never thought about it. lol

momof3angela
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:55 PM

John bought Hannah a Karaoke type machine with DVD player and boy does she love to go up in her room and sing her heart out...LOL  I miss those day's of not caring....heehee

Quoting proudmommy_1:

Haha, not since I was old enough to care about how I sound! When I was younger though, my mom and sister would take me to a karaoke place with them and I'd get up there and belt it out without a care in the world. I sounded like crap but I never thought about it. lol

SophiEli
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Yes I have and its so much fun, haven't done it in a while, i miss it, especially because I love singing.

mamakenzi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:34 PM

No.  I am a horrible singer.  Seriously I had this dream when I was pregnant with DD of rocking her and signing to her.  Ya, well she cried when I sung.  LOL

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Good lawd I wish I could sing! I've never tried karaoke, IDK if I ever will...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)