Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

costs of Babysitting

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:05 PM
  • 8 Replies
hi i live in missouri and i think Imma start baby sitting. i dont know how to do prices. has anyone baby sat before? What do you charge and for how many Kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momof3angela
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:24 PM

That is a good question....not sure...have not babysat for money in forever myself. 

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:26 PM

It really differs by area and what you offer. I would call around to other babysitters in your area asking about their prices and make yours accordingly.

Good luck!

MoMiE2686
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM
thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elise_Gurrola
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:55 PM
i like to be fair i know how hard it is on parents to pay for child care if it is weekly i charged 10 to 15 a day per child if it was by hour about minimum wage. But i had parents provide the food for there kids because i know a lot of picky eaters and my kids ate everything it also made it easy to know about the kids and thier family and if the kids had food allergies i provided snacks if u decide to open an in home daycare in kansas u can only have 6 kids and that includes your own look it up for ur area
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I would call around in your area and ask.  Call both in home places and centers, then you will have a good idea.

Mommy2justone
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:40 PM
I charge $5 an hour.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hws060504
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Definitely call around to other providers in your area to see what the going rate is.

luvemboth
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Quoting mamakenzi:

I would call around in your area and ask.  Call both in home places and centers, then you will have a good idea.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)