Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Safety 1st Essential Air Harnessed Booster Seat

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

Does anyone have this booster seat?  Our DD is approaching the weight limit on her convertible car seat, so we are looking to replace it.  We have a Britax Frontier 85 in the other car, but I was wondering if I could save some money with this one.

Please tell me the good, bad and ugly!  I have only been able to find one review, and it was not helpful.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:50 PM

I am confused.  everywhere I look they are the same price as the Frontier 85 yet harness to only 65 pounds and have a shortner harness height.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Not to mention PERSONALLY I never buy anything that is brand new when it first comes out cars....seats.....electronics etc.   And to add to this it hasn'thad a chance to be rated by the IIHS.  would make me nervous.  But as I said my real deal breaker is no savings lower harness weight and height.  I am beginning to wonder if ANYONE can compete with the frontier 85.

FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Costco has the Safety 1st for about $160 and I have not seen the Britax for less then $200.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Quoting FlyingMommy747:

Costco has the Safety 1st for about $160 and I have not seen the Britax for less then $200.

Does that include shipping???  Diapers.com had the Frontier for $179 free shipping about a month ago. I don't know if the code still works or not.    And sorry I don't consider 40 bucks enough of a savings on an untested seat that has shortener harness height and 25 pounds less harness weight and 20 pound less for booster weight a big savings.  Amazon has it for 208 free shipping

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:13 PM

http://www.bestbuybaby.com/brfr85bocars.html

Even better $189 no tax no shipping charges.  :)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:08 PM

It's not a commonly recommended seat.

You can find great deals on the FN85, go with that.  :)

mama2mycuties
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:07 PM

i would stick with the FN85 :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)