Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first child

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:29 PM
  • 16 Replies

i'm due in 2 weeks with my first child and was wondering what it was like for other moms when they had their first child

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Crazy. Nothing at all like I imagined it would be. Exciting. Fun. Both the happiest and scariest moment of my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Oh, and congrats :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3angela
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:40 PM

It went so well...I focused on breathing and not the pain.  You will do so good...Congratulations.   Are you expecting a boy or girl?

MaddiesMama09
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:42 PM
I pretty much felt every single emotion possible in the first week o my daughters life. It was a roller coaster but looking back now, I Appreciate every moment of it. Congratulations on your new bundle! Remember this one thing...don't turn down offered help! Let your friends and family help you if at all possible. Even if it's brief (so you can catch up on a little rest every once in awhile) My mother was my life saver.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:45 PM

It went so much more smoothly than I had expected. I actually went into labor and didn't even know it because the contractions weren't painful, they were just uncomfortable. I got up to pee and my water broke. My labor was long, but it wasn't at all as bad as I thought it would be.

3totsinabox
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM

i was nothing like I had expected.  push like you gotta poop and don't be embarrassed, it makes it harder to get the baby out :)  I learned that the first time and the second and third went faster and more easily.

countrymom1990
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM

i'm having a girl

Quoting momof3angela:

It went so well...I focused on breathing and not the pain.  You will do so good...Congratulations.   Are you expecting a boy or girl?

hws060504
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Congrats!  I'll just say that it was nothing like I expected, and it was worth every minute.  :)  Just focus on the miracle that you are in the middle of and enjoy!  :)

momof3angela
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:01 PM

its a girlCongratulations:)))  I loved with my first not having anything to compare it to....I only pushed for about 20 min with my first...wasn't too bad.  I hope your birth goes just as smooth:)

Quoting countrymom1990:

i'm having a girl

Quoting momof3angela:

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 3:40 AM

Anything that a woman goes thru to have a child (its different for everyone some women have a mild time and others worse) but either way I promise you that it is absolutely WORTH It and I felt the most intense overwhelming beyond description amount of love beyond my wildest imagination. 

Congrats and good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)