Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

back pain after epidural

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:46 PM
  • 22 Replies
I had my baby on Tuesday I had 2 epidurals because they first one was not helping, since I had them I've had back pain in the area it was given is this normal? Has anyone had this happen?
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2mycuties
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:47 PM

I had mine for a few weeks with each child, it no longer bothers me :) congrats on the baby!

Ashleeb293
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:48 PM
I had my 2nd daughter 8 weeks ago and I'm still having pains :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bxmommy2be
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Oh boy so its something sorta normal well at least I know I'm not the only one, thanks mamas
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:42 PM
Congrats on the new baby :-) I've heard of some women having pain. It usually seems to go away within a couple weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleeb293
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:58 PM
Yep fairly normal :) they actually brushed a nerve while doing mine and my entire left side flinched. It was SO weird and scary!

Quoting bxmommy2be:

Oh boy so its something sorta normal well at least I know I'm not the only one, thanks mamas

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tooptimistic
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:00 AM

yep.. pretty normal. it will ease up and go away soon.  congrats on your baby.

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 3:28 AM

congrats on your baby! I dont know how common it is or not I had my 1st 3 babies all natural (ughhh) and I had an epidural (actually 3 epidurals ) for my 4th baby and I had no head ache and no back ache and no side effects at all.  So I am not sure

feel better soon

hws060504
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Congrats on your new baby!  With my first, I had to have 2 epis as well.  I had tenderness and slight pain for a few weeks.  It definitely got better but I was sure to mention it to my OB just in case there was something else going on.  

gabnbellamom
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:43 AM

i had my son in 2008 and im still having back pain from it!!! everyone just reacts different to it. this is exactly why im going drug free this pregnancy i cant take much more of the back pain.. =[

hope you feel better & congrats on the new baby =]

bxmommy2be
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:00 PM
Omg drug free !? U rock girl!!!!

Quoting gabnbellamom:

i had my son in 2008 and im still having back pain from it!!! everyone just reacts different to it. this is exactly why im going drug free this pregnancy i cant take much more of the back pain.. =[

hope you feel better & congrats on the new baby =]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)