Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car Seat Question

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi Everyone!

I am a mom to five and my youngest is 10 months old and around 17.5 lbs. As with my last 3 children, I intend of ERF him. He still fits comfortably in the car seat which came with his travel system: Safety 1st Aerolite Deluxe. The seat rear faces to 35 lbs and 32 inches. Obviously, he is well under the weight limit and at 9 months, he wasn't quite 28 inches long. But....we want to start preparing for the next car seat. We will install the newer car seat in our SUV and use the infant seat as a back up in our other vehicle...until he outgrows it and we purchase something more permanent.

My nearly 6 year old twins (41 and 42 lbs, respectively) ride in the Britax Frontier seats, still using the 5 point harness, with no plans to switch to the seat belt yet since they fit so comfortably.

My almost 4 year old, under 30 lbs, rides in the Britax Boulevard car seat. She switched to forward facing when she was about 3 and fits comfortably in it as well.

I'm willing to pay for another Britax seat, but they are pricey! So, I figured I would come here and ask if anyone has any suggestions on the top safety choices for convertible car seats for my infant, but possibly not have to spend 250-300 dollars. He is on the small side, as are all of my children. I'd like something comfy and cozy with lots of growing room. Rear facing until at least 2, likely closer to 3 is a must.

Thanks in advance!!

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
msmagpie83
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Any of them are really good seats... The roundabout55 is only about 160$ at target, you could use that until he's ready for a frontier (or latest and greatest) down the road.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HereWeGoAgain9
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Thank you. I will research it!

Quoting msmagpie83:

Any of them are really good seats... The roundabout55 is only about 160$ at target, you could use that until he's ready for a frontier (or latest and greatest) down the road.

nellyb118
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:41 PM
We have a Graco My Ride 65 & love it...it's great for erf & ff as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:42 PM
Why not hand down the roundabout to your baby and buy your 3 Yr old another Frontier?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HereWeGoAgain9
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Well.....a couple reasons. For one, it's pink and purple floral lol. I guess my baby boy wouldn't mind but daddy on the other hand... lol.  Also, my little girl loves her seat so....and I think she's got a few years left in it. I did consider that though...possibly replacing the cover and giving it to the baby and getting her a big girl seat. Something to think about. Thanks!!

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Why not hand down the roundabout to your baby and buy your 3 Yr old another Frontier?

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Quoting Mommy2justone:

THAT sounds like the best idea.  I even found the Frontier 85 for only 189 today no tax no shipping cost!!  AWESOME price!!

http://www.bestbuybaby.com/brfr85bocars.html

HereWeGoAgain9
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 12:18 AM

thank you all so much!

Mommy2justone
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 12:29 AM
Glad to help (I just realized I put roundabout instead of boulivard, duhhh lol, sorry)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)