Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does this look stupid? **edit with pictures

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:50 PM
  • 67 Replies

we r moving into an apartment Sunday & it has no carpet! all hard flooring! my dd is 10 months old & walking really good she's almost running but I hate the fact that if she fell it would hurt! so we put some area rugs down and we put a bunch of those foam mats in her room to where it covers the whole thing!

does it look stupid if we have a bunch of rugs everywhere? they r different! the living room & dining room runs together but in the living room area in front of the couch we have a big tan & brown area rug that matches our couch & decorations and in the dining are we have a big black & tan rug that matches our table & kitchen decorations! then in our room we will have a big rug and then there is 2 small hallways that run together & we have one of those long skinny rugs down ( would it look stupid if we put another long skinny one in the other hallway that runs into the other one if it's the same rug? and then of course the mats in her room & then we have a small rug in the kitchen but do we need a large one in the kitchen also? then of course we have our bathroom rugs! sorry if this is confusing some people lol! but do y'all think it's gonna look stupid with this many rugs? especially in the hallway?? I'm not good @ decorating things so to me everything looks good & of course my DF don't care lol so I need advise

EDIT* WITH* PICTURES!<3

This is the living room & im standing in the dining room sorry its blurry but its off my phone & please ignore the mess haha we havent done anything but clean and threw downt he rugs to see what it would look like. the black rug where the mcdonalds cups r the kitchen table would be over here by it

this is the hallway FROM my daughters room to OUR room..our room is empty has no floor or rug in it yet cause we are still undecided

this is the other hallway i was talking about if it would look stupid if the exact same rug as in the other hallway was attached to it

This is the mats down in my daughters room

& this is the kitchen..that little rug will be the only rug in the kitchen..please ignore my DF in this picture with his messy hair & saggy pants lol he was hanging blinds & he'd be pissed if he knew i posted this!

--so everyones honest opinions? do they look ok? do i need more? do i need to take some out?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakenzi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:57 PM

I'm not a fan of the over use of rugs but it can be done.  I would really need a picture to give an opinion.

proudmommy_1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:59 PM

this

Quoting mamakenzi:

I'm not a fan of the over use of rugs but it can be done.  I would really need a picture to give an opinion.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Group Mod

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:00 AM
i took some pictures on my phone of the rugs we already have in there I can post those tomorrow my phone won't let me upload them right now! I don't want it to look trashy ya no lol

Quoting mamakenzi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Okay, I understand.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:36 AM

Do what is necessary to keep your child safe.  (;

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Honestly as far as looks go it does SOUND like it would look really bad especially all different rugs, also usually throw rugs dont have much cushion to them anyway so I truthfully dont think its going to help that much if there is a fall.

Also I think she will have a raised liklihood of falling from tripping on the edges of any of the rugs than if there were none at all.

YVONNE

KittyNat
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 3:27 AM

in the living room and dining area, the decor rugs are nice. in the bedroom it's practical. think bathroom rugs are unsanitary. in the kitchen a large rug will always be dirty and hard to clean, a small one you can throw in the washer is okay but big ones are too much trouble. in the hallway i'd be worried about them being a slip hazard. i don't think hitting the hardwood floor hurts enough to pad every inch of the house heh. but if you like it go ahead. i was glad to move to a place where i could finally put my vacuum away. 

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:35 AM
yea I thought a large rug in the kitchen would look funny just thought I'd ask! and i'm not to worried about the living room & dining area because the rugs aren't touching so it kinda seperates the 2 rooms! I was mainly worried about wht the hallway would look like if there was 2 of the same rugs touching! I'm gonna post a picture here in a little bit & I'll bump it after I edit

Quoting KittyNat:

in the living room and dining area, the decor rugs are nice. in the bedroom it's practical. think bathroom rugs are unsanitary. in the kitchen a large rug will always be dirty and hard to clean, a small one you can throw in the washer is okay but big ones are too much trouble. in the hallway i'd be worried about them being a slip hazard. i don't think hitting the hardwood floor hurts enough to pad every inch of the house heh. but if you like it go ahead. i was glad to move to a place where i could finally put my vacuum away. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3angela
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Can't wait to see them:)  Hope you can upload them.

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

i took some pictures on my phone of the rugs we already have in there I can post those tomorrow my phone won't let me upload them right now! I don't want it to look trashy ya no lol

Quoting mamakenzi:

onefootcutiepie
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 8:52 AM

10 months old are REALLY close to the ground and don't get hurt when they fall. We've never had carpet and all 3 of our kids have been just fine. The only think you want to make sure and do .is have her socks always be the kind with the no-slip bottoms. You trip over rugs, they are a pain to keep moving to clean underneath. I'd put one in the family room, a welcome mat and bath mats and that's it. The foam floor in her bedroom, those stay SO dirty and are a pain to keep pulling up to clean. I say forget the rugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)