• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Poop

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:01 AM
  • 7 Replies

Let me preface with: I know what causes green poop - too much foremilk or reaction to something I ate. My daughter had horrible gas and green poop at a couple weeks old and that's how we found out I had an oversupply and she was getting too much foremilk. Solved that problem, and she's had lovely yellow, seedy poop ever since.

HOWEVER, she's had green poop for the last three nights ONLY at the diaper change right before bed. My diet hasn't changed and her foremilk/hindmilk balance is just fine (she only eats from one boob).

Thoughts? I'm not concerned because she doesn't seem gassy or upset, I'm just curious if anyone has experienced this or knew what was up.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bethbeth
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:03 AM

I've heard teething can cause green poo. The thought is that excess saliva from teething changes the balance of the gut which changes the poo.

Whether it's teething or not....green is normal.

sreichelt26
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Hmmm...that would make sense since we're entering the major teething phase. yay. can you tell i'm so excited ;)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:12 AM

I've never put that much thought into it. I eat, I feed baby, the end. LOL, IDK.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:00 AM

I agree with Bethbeth that teething could be the culprit and that's why you only see it at that last one before bed. :) 

Mom2Addison12
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Eh I just know that green poop comes with an upset stomach.

Sorry

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Have you eaten something new? I know you said your diet hasn't changed, but maybe its new to her. Or she is reacting to something you've eaten. Its hard to say really. Hope you figure it out.

Cookie.Kisses09
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:21 PM

i heard too much iron can cause green poop.. talk to her ped

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)