• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a just incase plan

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM
  • 11 Replies

when i was pregnant  i talked with close friends and did the legal papers to set it up so in case something happened to me an DH  the would have full legal custody.

does anyone else have something like this? just wondering

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:12 AM

We don't have anything written. As it stands, there's no one we'd like to take them. It WAS his mom, but IDK if that's what we still want NOW.

IDK what the future holds. I wish I had happy options...

Katt709
by Katharine on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:42 AM
Yes. We have wills that state our wishes. I think everyone 18 and over should have a will. They are easy to fo and if you want you can do them yourself! Just make sure to get it appropriately witnessed and notorized
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:44 AM

We don't have anything written but I've talked to my sister/friend and she'll take care of Kyra. We love our family, but there's no way in hell we want them raising our kid!

LilDzMamma2010
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:45 AM
We haven't yet because our families are extremely difficult but after our marriage and the adoption we are going to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imgnabamommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:46 AM

we should have it written out but at the moment we do not. although we do want my mother to have him should anything happen to us. 

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:48 AM

We have a will in place.  Money, college fund, etc.  

mamakenzi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Quoting Katt709:

Yes. We have wills that state our wishes. I think everyone 18 and over should have a will. They are easy to fo and if you want you can do them yourself! Just make sure to get it appropriately witnessed and notorized
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rychelle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:56 AM

we have a will in place just in case.. who gets the kids, money divided etc.

Madisons3boys
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM

My entire family knows that if something happens to hubby and me, the kids and all of our pets go to my parents, who will also recieve all of our life insurance. We have a lot of things in place for the what-if. Like the kids would move with my parents to their state, and the pets go with it is a package deal, and we have 1 million total in life ins., and that is stipulated to go to my parents as well. My dh has us insured through his work for the maximum which is taken out tax free, plus we have more ins. through another company. My kids are on the middle amount of the Gerber grow-up plan too, so in case anything happens we arent struggling with money and can just grieve. Each of our children have been on it since birth so it is extremely cheap and those rates never go up, and when our kids are older they can keep that plan going or get the money we paid into it if there is no need for it. We have a will stipulating who gets the kids and animals, the house and its contents, etc. I think we are set.

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:49 PM

I have a will, so does DH, my ex and my mom. When my dad died everything went to my mom. My will is 50% will got to DH and 50% will go into trust for dd. She will get it when she turns 25. If DH passes if dh & mom are both gone 100% goes into trust for dd. I have a 100,000 life insurance policy plus I have a pre-need plan. My entire family knows I want to be cremated and have promised to follow my wishes! If they don't I will come back and haunt them !! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)