Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age did you kid start having crushes? liking boys/girls?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:40 AM
  • 7 Replies

My son is almost 7, going into 2nd grade. in a couple weeks. He already has friends who like boys/girls.. say they have a girl/boyfriend. and I know there are kids his age that have even kissed already!!! I think like a peck hiss but STILL! lol Well my son, hasnt shown any interest in this at all. Even said his friends were gross lol. Well Ive noticed him noticing girls when we are out recently.. even like teenage girls at the beach lol oye! well today hes been going crazy getting ready. styling his hair, taking forever to pick out an outfit, asking to wear cologne.. when i asked what all the fuss was he said he needs to look cool and smell good today and he doesnt want to look like a wreck. LOL But we arent even going anywhere today lol just going outside to play in a few minutes.  And then the bomb!!!!!! he just asked if his freind Kelly from down the street can come over to play... and it hit me! Could this be my indicator that hes starting to like girls and hes trying to look good cuz he wants to see her and has a crush??? Omg im not ready for this stuff!!!!

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I really don't know what age and i don't want to know. my boys aren't rdy for all of that yet. 

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Hahaha!

Kyra's only 6 1/2. In preschool, she had a friend, Carlos, that she planned on marrying when they were both out of college and 30. She said they talked about it at recess and since they both liked things clean, both loved washing their hands and brushing their teeth, and both hated corn if it wasn't on the cob they were perfect for each other! Then Carlos went to kindergarten while Kyra was still in preschool and she decided she didn't want a husband who would be older than her (yeah, the age thing never came up in the wedding planning!). That's been the extent of her crushes :-)

Not sure I'm really looking forward to it!

Rychelle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:48 AM

HAHAHAH OMG that is just too funny!!!!!  I mean last year in 1st grade hes get "love notes" put inhis desk.. just like a heart drawn and say I love you, and then the girls name.. he was embarassed but never showed any kind of interest in girls like that.

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Hahaha!

Kyra's only 6 1/2. In preschool, she had a friend, Carlos, that she planned on marrying when they were both out of college and 30. She said they talked about it at recess and since they both liked things clean, both loved washing their hands and brushing their teeth, and both hated corn if it wasn't on the cob they were perfect for each other! Then Carlos went to kindergarten while Kyra was still in preschool and she decided she didn't want a husband who would be older than her (yeah, the age thing never came up in the wedding planning!). That's been the extent of her crushes :-)

Not sure I'm really looking forward to it!

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

MarShy740
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:49 AM
I liked boys when I started school but I didn't have a "bf" until like 5th grade and that's when I first kissed well pecked didn't make out until 8th grade
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rychelle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:51 AM

im just so scared of all of this, since things seems to be going on with kids WAY earlier than when i was a kid!!!! there were issues last year with 4th anf 5th graders on the bus.. like stuff that made me gasp.. and we had middle school girls pregnant this past year...

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Kyra and two friends made a list last year of boys they thought were cute and smart (she says they all agreed they had to be both).

They each wrote down the names of the 5 boys they liked  :-)  I thought it was pretty cute, but hope it stays that innocent for a LONG time!

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:08 AM

That scares me too. I remember kids being "girlfriend/boyfriend" in elementary school, but it was just saying "hey, this is my girlfriend/boyfriend" and that was it.

Quoting Rychelle:

im just so scared of all of this, since things seems to be going on with kids WAY earlier than when i was a kid!!!! there were issues last year with 4th anf 5th graders on the bus.. like stuff that made me gasp.. and we had middle school girls pregnant this past year...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)