Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure what to do anymore

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:41 PM
  • 6 Replies

I've been working in daycare my entire life, the past 9 years and I'm starting to not feel satisfied in my job anymore.  I never went to college and really have this urge to go back to school but I don't know for what.  I don't know what kind of career I want or would be good at....I just dont' know where to go from here.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GOBryan
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Sounds like you need to analys your situation. 

Ask yourself what kind of work you like to do? Hobbies? 

Write of list of your attributes, skills. 

Why you no longer feel satisfied with what you do? How could you change that? 

Make a list of the pros and cons of your work now..

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:01 PM

You could always go back and take the required courses (math, english, history, etc) and give yourself time to decide what you want to do.

-PB
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:23 PM

I agree with the pp about taking your required classes.  You could go to a community college and just talk to a counselor to explore you options.  As a college student I will tell you that your first year of school is just your required classes.  English, math, health, etc.  You can go back to school and decide after two semesters what you want to do and not have to worry too much that you've taken all the wrong classes.

TAG2.0
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Go to your local college and take a career assesment. Or if you have a career center in the area, take one there.

1northwestmom
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I work from home for a company that offers the best pay plan in the industry. No experience needed, training provided. Check out video on my profile page if you are interested in details http://www.cafemom.com/home/1northwestmom

I was a nanny for years before I had my own children & I still do help friends out with their children. I just got tired of working by the hour.

hws060504
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:27 PM

This is a great idea!

Quoting TAG2.0:

Go to your local college and take a career assesment. Or if you have a career center in the area, take one there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)