• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaking out....just a little

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:15 PM
  • 11 Replies

In October 2010 (10 months ago) my husband had a vasectomy and would go in for his checks. He kept having one or two non-motile sperm each check. He got tired of going in and I got tired of hounding him to go in. He did a total of 4 checks. Last month my period was lighter than normal and lasted just a few days. This month I am 5 days late. Things that have been different for me are that I had some raging headaches this past weekend with chills and then I'd be hot but now I am fine. I thought maybe it was a 24 hour bug?? I have a canker sore and I don't normally get them. My appetite is a little heavier. I do Weight Watchers and have lost almost 60 pounds. Last week I gained 1 pound, which I do sometimes the week before starting, but just in the last 4 days I have lost 3 pounds which I did with my first child (lost 12 p0unds in 3 weeks before finding out I was pregnant). I feel a little dizzy at times but not much. I never got sick with my prior two children. I don't feel like I am going to start anymore. I had a little bit of cramping but nothing compared to the prior month. Could I be pregnant? I know I need to take a test but I'm scared to. We have two daughters ages 4 and almost 2.

8/16/11: I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I'll take another in a few days if I still haven't started. Just wish I knew what was going on.

8/17/11: My husband was told his sample was all clear today. This is the first clear he has gotten. What if he wasn't clear a month ago?? I am now 6 days late and no sign of starting. Uhhgggg

8/18/11: Took a test and it was negative

8/19/11:  So here we are again today........DH took in another sample hoping to get his official "clear" from the doctor.  Can you say be fat negative on that one??  He ended up having two non-motile sperm in his sample.  I guess they nurse or assistant put a rush on it for the doctor to look at since we have only had one clear but of course the doctor won't be back until Wednesday...REALLY??  I just either want a positive test or to start.  This is driving me crazy.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:20 PM

I somewhat feel your pain. My hubby hasn't had a vasectomy, but I was about 2 weeks late this month and kept taking test after test every two days after I was late. Finally started and chalked it up to ending one med and immediately starting another which can mess things up. I have rarely been so happy to see AF!

Have you been more stressed than usual? New meds? Change in exercise?

There's always a chance, I know of a few people who got pregnant even after their hubby's got the all clear, one after her hubby had a vasectomy and she had her tubes tied!

I'd say, bite the bullet, and take another test or two. I hope it works out and AF visits you soon!

mama2mycuties
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Oh mama I hope it all works out! My hubby was supposed to get his vasectomy last month and he ended getting sent overseas for 2wks and now we cant get it done until a few months. we had a condom break a few weeks ago and went and spent 50dollars on the morning after pill :( I was so thankful when i got my period last week.

good luck!

khloesmom615
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Thanks Ladies!  I have had a little bit of stress but nothing out of the oridinary.  I've been doing Weight Watchers for over a year so nothing has changed to much with that.  Strange thing is I am down 3 pounds this week and that is a lot for me in one week.  I even was at a family gathering this entire past weekend and didn't worry about counting points.  Trust me when I say this....I should not be down 3 pounds...lol  I'll give it another day before I test again.

Rychelle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:18 PM

try not to stress about it.. i skipped last month and was freaking.. it ended up coming like 9 days late.. no idea what happened..  hope it all works out!!

Hartbrayka
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:39 PM

When I was on weight watchers I missed a period twice.  When you lose weight your hormones take a little beating also.  I would say your chances of being pregnant are slim, but always possible.  I would wait to see next month if you are on time.  May I ask your age?  Are you of age to maybe start metopause?

khloesmom615
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:08 PM

I just turned 30 in July.  I hope it's not menopause yet....lol

Christy644
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:58 PM
Ol had tubes tied 11 almost 12 years ago. I go into complete panic mode if I'm late at all. I hope you get answers soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:06 PM
I would take another test in a few days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples112409
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

I somewhat feel your pain. My hubby hasn't had a vasectomy, but I was about 2 weeks late this month and kept taking test after test every two days after I was late. Finally started and chalked it up to ending one med and immediately starting another which can mess things up. I have rarely been so happy to see AF!

Have you been more stressed than usual? New meds? Change in exercise?

There's always a chance, I know of a few people who got pregnant even after their hubby's got the all clear, one after her hubby had a vasectomy and she had her tubes tied!

I'd say, bite the bullet, and take another test or two. I hope it works out and AF visits you soon!

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

gsae
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:46 PM

I had my tubes tied....I would FREAK out if I got pregnant again.  I dont keep track of my periods anymore either so I guess I would just start getting fat lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)