• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laparoscoptic tubal , any advice?>

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:43 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am schduled for 2 weeks from now to go in for a laparoscoptic tubal,  I would like to know from anyone that has gone through this before, if u dont mind sharing.

1. what is your down time ?

2. how bad was the bleeding ( it mentions it some but not alot )

3. what restrictions did you have ?

4. after 24 hrs were u able to move around etc?  what meds were you on after ?

what can I expect just in general, I know everyone is different, just trying to get an idea. im trying to get everything done that I can think of including my homework early for my classes.

once again ty ladies.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:54 PM

I've never had it done, but want it done. Still can't though, too young (under 28) and not enough kids (just have the 1). Not to mention the money part!

I just wanted to tell you good luck! I really hope this goes better than the essure thing you tried the other day!

NookBoookMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

I've never had it done, but want it done. Still can't though, too young (under 28) and not enough kids (just have the 1). Not to mention the money part!

I just wanted to tell you good luck! I really hope this goes better than the essure thing you tried the other day!

ty, yeah the age thing was a factor but since medically I need it im excempt so im getting it done while the insurance is paying for it :) . I hope so too, im trying to see how other women did with theirs so I can know kinda what to expect/

MommyVC
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:23 PM

My bestie had it done on a friday and was able to come back into the office monday.

katiebug840204
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:24 PM
I had mine done last summer. I had a rough time with recovery. Had alot o pain from it and was admitted to tw hospital over night. That is rare to happen tho! Don't let that scare u! I was down about 5 days before I could move normally. Bleeding was like a period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shawna510
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:24 PM
I had it done it June 2010. The only limitations I would suggest following is trying to to lift anything more than 8-10 pounds for the first couple days. I was able to function normally for the most part. The have me Percocet for the pain, I only took reg for the 1st day then after that only before I went to bed. If I can answer any other questions let me know!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NookBoookMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:27 PM

ty ladies :) im trying to see what I have to do early around the house etc, before I have my surgery just in case.

moniagee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:29 PM
I had it done almost 3 years ago. I was back to my normal self in 2 days. And me and dh was able to have sex within 2, weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moniagee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:30 PM
And my bleeding was like a light period.

Quoting moniagee:

I had it done almost 3 years ago. I was back to my normal self in 2 days. And me and dh was able to have sex within 2, weeks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaEngineer
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:41 PM

I had mine done on a Friday then was back to work on Monday. I was unable to lift for a week and moved slowly, but recovered pretty well after that. I was on codine for my pain which I took for about three days then ibuprofen worked for some discomfort during two weeks after the surgery. I do not remember bleeding afterwards, but it has been 10 years.

NookBoookMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:47 PM

ty ladies :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)