Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any suggestions as to what to feed these kids???

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM
  • 13 Replies

I just started taking care of a baby who is 10 months old and won't eat baby food.  The mom told me to feed her veggies, meat and fruit.  She won't eat it.  I also take care of a baby that is 12 months old and I'm trying to wean him from baby food so he can feed himself and he won't eat veggies, meat either.  What are some other healthy things I can feed them?  I've never had babies that were picky eaters before.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Madisons3boys
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Um, I would call mom and clarify, I would ask here which veggies and which fruit, which meat, and how do u prepare it? I would say, your lo must not like the way I cook it or something...

Rychelle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:01 PM

cheese, crackers, avacado, sweet potato, hummus, egg, corn

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Quoting Madisons3boys:

Um, I would call mom and clarify, I would ask here which veggies and which fruit, which meat, and how do u prepare it? I would say, your lo must not like the way I cook it or something...

The mom told me what she likes (ya right!).  I think I'm on my own from here...

Madisons3boys
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:05 PM

OK so have u tried her on things like-

Gerber veggie crisps?

Zwiebeck toast?

Apple slices?

Banana slices?

Cheerios?

Deli thinly sliced turkey broken into small pieces?

Mashed potatoes?

Cherry tomatos?

Honey graham crackers?

Yogurt, like vanilla, strawberry, or blueberry?

-PB
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:05 PM

I have a picky eater too.  These websites might help jog up some ideas for ya...

http://www.wholesometoddlerfood.com/

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/

MommyVC
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Quoting Madisons3boys:

I agree that it would be best to talk to the mother before you do anything.

My sons are both picky eaters, so I found food combinations that made a difference.  For example: Vincent will eat celery, but only with peanut butter on it.  Caleb will eat broccoli, but only with cheese on it.

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Apple sause, bannanas, yogurt, potatoes, egg whites, cherrios, digestive cookies, soups like chicken noodle or vegteable, pasta. What are the things the mom says she eats, that you are saying "ya right" too?

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Quoting -PB:

I have a picky eater too.  These websites might help jog up some ideas for ya...

http://www.wholesometoddlerfood.com/

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/

Thank you for the websites.

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Quoting heidi749:

Apple sause, bannanas, yogurt, potatoes, egg whites, cherrios, digestive cookies, soups like chicken noodle or vegteable, pasta. What are the things the mom says she eats, that you are saying "ya right" too?

She told me her child eats peas/carrots and ham sandwich meat (etc.).  She doesn't eat them.  She will eat cheerios/crackers etc. but I want to make sure she eats veggies and protein.

Kimberly954
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Is the kid getting too much milk/formula before eating?? Maybe the baby is filling up on something else prior to eating a meal. My dd LOVED (and still loves) sweet potatoes. I just cook them, cut them up and sprinkle with cinnimon.

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting heidi749:

She told me her child eats peas/carrots and ham sandwich meat (etc.).  She doesn't eat them.  She will eat cheerios/crackers etc. but I want to make sure she eats veggies and protein.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)