Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chicago mommies HELP *piog*

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:11 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok ladies.. i posted a couple weeks ago asking about chicago... well today i finally got some information...

They are voting today to see if they will pay for DH's hotel room since he was a last minute add to the trip if not it has to come out of our pockets. They hotel they have choosen is 

The Palmer HouseĀ® Hilton

17 East Monroe Street, Chicago, Illinois, United States 60603

well its $146.00/night with a military/government discount which is way to high for us to pay out of pocket plus food, toll roads and all that....

so what is in this area? we are looking online for hotels near  by that would be cheaper just in case. we leave sunday night or monday morning so i need to figure this stuff out now. 

*Military wife since 2007* *SAHM to my baby boy since 2008* 

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:13 PM

bump

MrsSufi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Ok - I'm sorry what do you need?  There are hordes of hotels in Chicago.  And yeah the palmer house is on the top tier for tourists.  maybe try the residence inn in river north. -- could you give me an idea of where you are trying to be close to?  (or pm me that's fine).

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Quoting MrsSufi:

Ok - I'm sorry what do you need?  There are hordes of hotels in Chicago.  And yeah the palmer house is on the top tier for tourists.  maybe try the residence inn in river north. -- could you give me an idea of where you are trying to be close to?  (or pm me that's fine).

my husband has some sort of class, that hotel is where the rest of the people on this trip who attend his class will be. if they vote and will not pay for his hotel we have pay for it out of our money. So i need to look for afordable hotels. 

its some training thing in district 6-9 if that means anything... they didnt give us an address of the school just of the hotel they are staying at. 

*Military wife since 2007* *SAHM to my baby boy since 2008* 

kristinlimon
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Is it for a Military school? IF so chances are its paid for. 

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:48 PM

its a union thing. he joined the union and then he was offered to be a stewart and he accpeted. well he has to attend a class. its a junior class thing tues-thur but we have a travel day for there and back so mon-fri we will be there.

krissy0331
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:49 PM

depending on how the reimburse you, you could try to book on priceline.  just make sure you select the area you want to be in so it doesnt put you out in the burbs. 

I think there is a hilton garden inn and holiday inn express that should be less and are closeby, or either westin river north or on michigan ave that can be reasonable.  we used club quarters as our budget hotel for wedding guests back in 08...  it's not fancy and rooms are very basic, but they had a great group rate so they might have great military rates.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:53 PM

thank you ladies for your help. im confused. we have never been to chicago before and im not sure where to book.

i was told to stay away from certain areas but others are ok.

What is there a specific spot i should look at?

MrsSufi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:06 PM

River North is an area in the loop downtown (north loop) and very close to michigan ave.  In general, hotels right on MI ave would be more expensive.  seriously, nearly every block has about 2 hotels and 10 restaurants.

MrsSufi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:07 PM

I have to run to target for the remainder of school supplies for our daughter - but I'll be back w/a short list for you and prices later tonight for hotels close to where the palmer is.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:53 PM

oh wow thank you. the union took a vote today and will not pay for his hotel room unless he drives with them in an already full cramped van full of like 7 big guys... and shares a room each room has 1 bed and a pull out couch. 

we are going to pay for it ourselves. but we need to stay close to where they are for the school and what not. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)