Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much would you charge

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:24 PM
  • 13 Replies

A friend of mine asked me today if I would be able to watch her son after school. I'd have to pick him up at 2:10 and she would come pick him up at 7pm. He's 7 or 8 years old(I'm not 100% sure). It wouldn't be every day, just the days she works. How much would you charge for that? I don't have all the details yet about if I am supposed to feed him or anything yet. I haven't babysat anyone since I was like 19-20, which was like 12 years ago...lol. Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvemboth
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:29 PM
Babysitter rates vary quite a bit depending on where you live. Would it be 5 days a week, or does she work part time? I'd probably charge $80-100/week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rychelle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:31 PM

hmm idk. i do that for a friend of mine but dont charge her at all.. just help her out and take it as a favor.. she will watch my kids if i need in return. good luck.. hope you can figure out a price you can both agree on

luvemboth
...and that 80-100 is if it's 5 days/week. I'd imagine you'd be feeding him a snack and dinner, plus helping with homework.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StacyO722

Quoting luvemboth:

Babysitter rates vary quite a bit depending on where you live. Would it be 5 days a week, or does she work part time? I'd probably charge $80-100/week.

She works as a server so her hours would vary week to week. It wouldn't be 5 days a week every week, but it could be.

kerijeanbean
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:34 PM

It would depend on the hours, but if is was just for a couple of hours after school I would probably charge about $50 a week.  

StacyO722
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Quoting kerijeanbean:

It would depend on the hours, but if is was just for a couple of hours after school I would probably charge about $50 a week.  

So $2 an hour? It would be 5 hours a day, from 210 till 7pm, and I have to pick him up at school, about 15 minutes away from our house. I don't want to over charge her, but I want to make it worth my time as well. Thanks for your advice :) 

Rychelle
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:46 PM

if you want to kinda gauge it alittle.. i do babysit another child 3 days a week.. hes only 1yr old though.. I have him from around 10-4:30.. they supply all food and drinks for him.. its in my house. And I get paid $80 per day.

lfrrll5
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:52 PM
I would say 80 a week with feeding hi and helping with homework would be fair
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StacyO722
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Quoting Rychelle:

if you want to kinda gauge it alittle.. i do babysit another child 3 days a week.. hes only 1yr old though.. I have him from around 10-4:30.. they supply all food and drinks for him.. its in my house. And I get paid $80 per day.

Thank you :) I'm so out of the loop when it comes to these things...lol. We have only ever had a babysitter once, and it was my DH's cousin, and I'm sure we totally over paid her. She had this shocked look on her face when we paid her. Our DD stays with my inlaws if we ever go out alone.

luvemboth
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:57 PM
Maybe go onto Craigslist or call around just to see what the going rate is in your area...then maybe charge s little under that since it's for a friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)