Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

divaz (vent kind of)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:55 PM
  • 21 Replies
Okay first off im wanting to name my onlinebuisness and i was going over some names with my So and I told him i want to put Divaz in the name well he said it sounded ghetto. and trashy. wth. then goes by saying ur not in the hood anymore you need to get that mentality off well you knw what im street smart and book smart and growing up in the hood made me the woman i am today! then he goes by saying well i wouldnt shop in a place like that. wow way to show encourigement honey! im really hurt right now! but i was just wondering if you ladies would shop in a place that had Divaz in the store name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NookBoookMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:56 PM

I would check it out, I dont base a company based on the name, your so should be supporting you,

eustacejessica
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:57 PM

I probably wouldn't shop in a store called Divaz. In my town there are two businesses called Divaz, one is a hair salon for African-Americans and another is a clothing store. I went to the clothing store and it had really really tacky clothing

ijustlove2smile
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM
I also grew up in the hood (projects) and I am thankful for the valuable lessons I learned I just didn't let the hood raise me if that makes sense. I hear that a lot from ppl who have never even lived in the hood so I always say you can take the girl out of the hood but you can never take the hood out of the girl kwim? I am sorry your so is not being supportive and to answer your question yes I would check it out and if it had things I liked I would shop there,I think its a cute name
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM

You can open a restaurant and name it "The Outhouse" but if your product is good people will come. However, getting them in the door might be the challenge with a name like that. The name should be one that speak to your target market. Depending on the age bracket and product, Divaz might be appropriate. However, if the product is for someone over 40, Divaz might make you think your product is for someone much younger and that person may pass you up altogether. Your SO is right and wrong. Globally your name might omit folks who feel it speaks out to a younger generation. However, if your product is good, it will sell no matter what you call it. I would take a look at the target market and see if the name could in any way exclude persons you want to include.  MARKETING 101

mamakenzi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:04 PM
No I wouldn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM

I hate the word diva. I just do.

There's a jewelry shop in town called Miss Got Rocks. I hate that name too, lol.

mamakenzi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM
To elaborate, no I wouldn't because I would assume it would be a low class establishment or something that would cater to teen girls. If it makes a difference I am a 25 year old white upper middle class woman.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOVLYLOVEKGS
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:02 PM
Thank you ladies for your input
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:13 PM

This...

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

You can open a restaurant and name it "The Outhouse" but if your product is good people will come. However, getting them in the door might be the challenge with a name like that. The name should be one that speak to your target market. Depending on the age bracket and product, Divaz might be appropriate. However, if the product is for someone over 40, Divaz might make you think your product is for someone much younger and that person may pass you up altogether. Your SO is right and wrong. Globally your name might omit folks who feel it speaks out to a younger generation. However, if your product is good, it will sell no matter what you call it. I would take a look at the target market and see if the name could in any way exclude persons you want to include.  MARKETING 101

It depends on what you are selling and who you are selling to.

msmum
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Yeah I would. I don't see the problem with that at all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)