Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

16 Months and Potty training....

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:32 PM
  • 9 Replies

It actually seems to be working out really well. I didnt think that it would at first but i just quit using diapers all together. We started this morning and he has not had a diaper all day and not for the night either. We will see how this works....Wish me luck.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Dimples112409
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:36 PM

gl.

hailnbray
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:41 PM

my son was fully trained by 15 months. i think the younger u start the easier it is to break the habbit of pooping and peeing urself.

CaylebsMommy328
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Quoting hailnbray:

my son was fully trained by 15 months. i think the younger u start the easier it is to break the habbit of pooping and peeing urself.

Yeah see thats what i read. Everyone is telling me that it cant be done and hes to young an that it can cause future psychological problems. I very seriously doubt all this seeing as how in the 1950's 95% of children were potty trained by 18 months. Now a days its less than 10%. Cayleb is ready to potty train so im going to do it lol.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:30 PM

good luck

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Good luck! That would be great!

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Is he telling you when he has to go? Or are you taking him at certain times? Good luck.
CaylebsMommy328
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Is he telling you when he has to go? Or are you taking him at certain times? Good luck.

Im taking him at certain times. I ask him and he will tell me knwo if he doesnt have to and say nothing when he has to lol.

layawatling
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Good Luck!

nosborne
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Good luck.  I know it can be done.

I had my DD trained by the time she was 18 months, but then her grandmom let her fall in the toilet.  It scared her so bad that she wouldn't go in to the bathroom w/o screaming for about 6 months.  She was almost 4 by the time she retrained.

With my DS (almost 3), I started some when he was about 13 months, but only at home.  The daycare doesn't start till the kids are 2.5.  They don't have facilities in the baby or toddler room, so they couldn't work with him any earlier.  I decided to go to straight underware the begining of the month, aside from bed and nap time, and he's been doing great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)