• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dangerous!! DH calling CPS

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:52 PM
  • 30 Replies
I took DS to the pool today in our condo complex. There were kids in the pool. Their parents have been warned. Anyone under 12 must be supervised by an adult in the pool. ONE of the kids was 13. Every one else was between 6 and 11.

BUT one was 3! being "supervised" by her 11 yr old brother (who was NOT watching her) she was in the jacuzzi (4 ft deep with a step on one side) alone and he was busy splashing & jumping in the big pool. He was NOT watching!!

So DH says that he is going to call CPS because it's NOT safe and she's been warned. What would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:55 PM

I would go to the condo management first and see what they do.

PrissyKrissy05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:00 PM
He is the HOA president. No steps have been listed as to punishment for not supervising kids in the pool. We are both genuinely concerned for this girls safety.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
futureshock
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I would call too.  If that child drowns and I hadn't done anything, I could never forgive myself.

Mom2Addison12
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I sure wouldn't waste time calling CPS.

Being watched  by an 11 year old isn't that big of a deal. I watched my 2 year old cousin when I was 11, and took her to the pool, and would turn my head and mind my friends for a minute.

CPS won't do anything about it, especially if there are no true reasons if there is abuse being made. Go to the mangement first.

PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Not CPS...LOL.

MOMMY2BE0786
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM

i would do the same thing.. who doesnt watch their kids? its wrong.. people shouldnt have kids if they are not going to watch them especially when they are SWIMMING its dangerous..go ahead and call cps keep us updated

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM

talk to managment or property owner. 

call and police and cps, that hot of water can hurt a child. they said adults should be in a hot tub no more than 20 minutes

LuvingMy3Girls
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:04 PM
Maybe just go to the parents. Maybe they thought the 11 was supervising. It does not mean they are. Ad parents for trusting the older child and IMO def not CPS worthy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeathGoddess
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:06 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)