• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate sending my child to school ugh what to do!!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:20 PM
  • 31 Replies

So i had a very hard time last yr from my childs school from her getting punched ( and the teacher not caring when my dh went to talk to her) or her getting her ankle spranged from same boy!! Also when time when she was sick last yr the nurse told her" go to get your bag and you can go home" she left school ! when no one was home and was outside sick waiting for me ( she was suppose to wait at the school but was confused :(  )  .. now in 3rd grade .. day 2 same boy pushed my child into metal pole  near swing  and gve her a black eye( principal pretty much just told her to stay away from him) day 3... feel and cut her hands all up and no one could even call and tell me :(... her school has some of the best test score in the area .. i just dont know what to do anymore please help with advice!

update:

i went and talked to her teacher and she didnt know much about the situation since it happened at recess expect that she was hurt.. the principals couldnt even tell her the child's name! Also they never called me back to tell me how they handled the situation ( i went in to talke to them twice and they were not there) . my daughter said the boy sat out one recess, the charter school i really wanted to send her to starts on tuesday and i just dont know what to do!! of course my dh just wants to do what is easiest!

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babyshoe
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM

That's awful! It's time to make a big stink, especially about this bully! Bullying is the new "trigger" word that sends off bell and whistles in the schol system (I'm a teacher). Also, you may want to get a parent advocate. Ask your school's social worker or guidance worker for help too. GET A PARENT ADVOCATE...they'll get things rolling! Good luck...my heart goes out to you and your daughter

MrsArnett
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

what is a parent advocate? the last 2 months of school i spend atleast 2 hrs a day up there!! and i have a full time job. i tried to tell my dh i wanted to send her to a new school because of all these problems the new school starts on tuesday thinking about switching her! i just dont know what to do!

2BBboys0509
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Go in there and raise holy hell! you are her voice you need to stand up for her and make those damn teachers do something. If she comes home one more time with a cut or talking about how someone pushed her,I would be at that school so fast the principles head would spin. Then I would transfer her to a new school. Test scores don't mean shit if your child doesn't feel comfortable at school.

MrsArnett
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:52 PM

been there done that!!!!! bad part is this kid isnt even in her class its happening at recess! last yr she had a shitty teacher and it happened in class! i am tears and so sad about it :( although she is 8 she is still my baby and i dont like people hurting her and her feeling like shit :(

Quoting 2BBboys0509:

Go in there and raise holy hell! you are her voice you need to stand up for her and make those damn teachers do something. If she comes home one more time with a cut or talking about how someone pushed her,I would be at that school so fast the principles head would spin. Then I would transfer her to a new school. Test scores don't mean shit if your child doesn't feel comfortable at school.

Babyshoe
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:03 AM

A parent advocate is someone that is fights for your children's rights. Usually it is used for student with some type of needs that aren't being met, but they ba able to help in this case. Make a bigger stink than ever...contact the school social worker. They don't work under the principal, so they can't be "controled" by them. They willtake the time to really help and use the word BULLY. If this kid does anything again, call the police. file a report...make waves. Yes, it is an awful pain in the ass, but once you get the ball rolling things will improve.

jessistarr85
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:24 AM

I agree, go in tomorrow, and flat out tell them that they need to do something about this kid being a bully. You have had repeted issues with the same kid, O would tell the school that you want to do a parent, teacher parent confrence with this kids parents by the end of the week. If you are not being told that dd is being bullied, are his parents being told he did anything? make it clear then that if he dose anything, you will be forced to do everything in your power to make sure your dd is safe, and if that includes making a police report then so be it. If this kid is doing this at recess then maybe it needs to be a rule that he can only play close to a recess teacher, that way he dose not have a oppertunity to be nasty and mean.

gabrielsmommy04
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:27 AM
I agree make a huge stink and go to the parents and let them and the school know if the problem continues you are going to notify the police and the media. And tell them you will also be contacting an attorney. The school has an obligation to protect your daughter and the other kids and they are not doing it.
Mom2Addison12
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:38 AM

I would still make a huge deal about it. Tell them you will go to the board and the media.

Unforuantely, if this school says nothing about bullying there will be nothing done. But on the other hand, I would find out if this school has a no bullying rule, and if so, I would be going to the board that nothing is being done about this boy.

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:49 AM

Since you have been to the school, call the local newspaper. Send in a letter to the editor. They have to print it because you address as a letter to the editor. Next, by pass the school and go straight to the school board. I raised holy hell here when I found out the schools in this county were getting funding for gifted programs but we had no programs in the schools. I first went to the superintendent and when that didnt help I blindsighted him at the new school board meeting by voicing what I knew. The paper was there so he was very embarrassed. Let's just say the next school term we had gifted programs in all of the schools. 

Also, does your school have a resource officer from the local police department? Talk to him or her and I would go in and tell them if the boy touches her again, you are pressing charges against the school for failure to protect. Let them know that if they will not protect her, you will get every news organization tht will listen right on their front door. 

maryb311
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:02 AM
Make a HUGE stink! Go above the principals head. I had issues with my DD being bullied and being called racist names. I wish I could think right now but my coffee has not kicked in yet :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)