Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Plan??

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:34 AM
  • 10 Replies

I wanted to know if anyone actually wrote out a birth plan and brought it with them to the hospital. I started one about a month ago and never finished it. I am due TOMORROW, so I figured I might as well type it up and bring it with me.

I want to know what you all put in your plan to see if I forgot anything important.

Thanks in advance!

*Alicia*

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I had one. I discussed it with my dr.  I wanted no epidural, no inductions unless medically necessary.  I also wanted my husband in the room only.  I also asked for a birthing ball, ability to walk during labor. I also made a plan afterwards.  I wanted Connor to BF only, no pacifier, etc.  

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Good luck with your labor/delivery!

lanceandhailey
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Basically just that I wanted an epidural, and a mirror at the end of the bed to watch the birth...Also, no one but my husband and medical staff in the room.

abbymomo2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I never knew people actually write this stuff down...doctor knew I didn't want meds, that my SO was going to be the only other person in the room and that we were going to do things as they came up...basically whatever would make me comfortable, was what we were doing.

Iluvjandkplus8
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:53 AM
My plan was to make it to the hospital and to get an epidural as quickly as possible...LOL! Good luck! Hope yours works out for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:55 AM
I planed to breastfeed, so I put no bottles, fomula or sugar water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:31 AM

I wrote my down...just in case my dr could not deliver.  

Quoting abbymomo2:

I never knew people actually write this stuff down...doctor knew I didn't want meds, that my SO was going to be the only other person in the room and that we were going to do things as they came up...basically whatever would make me comfortable, was what we were doing.

mom2LandL
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:42 AM

I told my wishes to those who would be with me supporting me.  I trusted them to do what they could to make things happen the way I wanted to.  But I also prepared myself (as best I could) for the unexpected.

mamakenzi
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:55 PM
I had a scheduled c section so no. My doctor and I discussed all of my concerns and what I wanted throughout my pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:58 PM

I just kind of winged it. I knew I wanted the epidural, but other than that it was pretty much take everything as it comes.

Good luck though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)