Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you make after school activities easier?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:17 AM
  • 25 Replies

So your kids are not starving, before dinner. How do you feed them quickly after school, before after school activities begin? 

muffin

Join us on these CafeMom Groups:
The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club    The Cafe
Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics          Advice for Moms    

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:31 AM

She always comes home hungry. As soon as she walks in the door, she gets a snack. Yogurt, granola bar, fruit, whatever she's wanting that day. Quick easy snacks are great :-)

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:58 PM
I always packed a quick snack before he came home from school and he would eat in the car on the way to soccer or baseball.
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:22 PM

He always comes home STARVING.  IMO their lunch is way too early.  But he gets a snack when he gets home.  Usually yogurt or string cheese and crackers.  Occasionally ants on a log if we don't have somewhere to be too closely after. 

earthangel1967
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Healthy high protein snack when they get home, protein smoothie, protein bar, cheese, boiled or deviled eggs, nuts, seeds, jerky or else fruit and yogurt to hold them off.

YVONNE

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:23 AM

usually alexis grabs a granola bar, yogurt, pudding cup, rice krispy square, banana...something along those lines...quick n easy  :)

Audreesmommy757
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 3:13 PM

i usually do a mini plate of apple slices and crackers or yogurt and cheese

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 21, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Connor is always hungry.  He gets fruit, veggies, or something.

momof3angela
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 9:02 AM

If I don't already have dinner made I give them veggies and dip or fruit with peanut butter dip....  yogurt....nuts...maybe a grilled cheese sandwich...

Rychelle
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Jordan is always starving when he gets home from school. So he has a snack/lunch.. his lunch time last year was so early it was pretty much breakfast (11am). so he will have a decent sized snack/.lunch.. then have reg dinner with us after sports

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 3:16 PM

When mine were little, I kept pre filled baggies of snacks in the fridge and the kids could grab and go. I also made sure I had granola bars, precut fruit, and bottled water in my field bag that I carried everywhere we went. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)