Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sunglasses

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:31 PM
  • 14 Replies

Do your children wear sunglasses when they are out and playing? Do you wear sunglasses while outside in the sun?

I realize how important it is to protect our eyes, just wondering how many of us put sunglasses on ourselves and our kids.

JOIN US ON:

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:32 PM
Yes my DD does. I dont.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinRox
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:34 PM

My little ones wont wear them. No matter what I do, they wont keep them on their faces. Is there a trick to it?

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:34 PM

I do when I remember them. Kyra loves her sunglasses and has them on often.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:35 PM

I took my girl to pick some out for herself. She wanted "real" ones so she wears adult sun glasses since she didn't want the kid character ones anymore. They look a bit goofy on her small 6 year old face, but they keep the sun away :-)

Quoting KristinRox:

My little ones wont wear them. No matter what I do, they wont keep them on their faces. Is there a trick to it?

KayDziedzic
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:36 PM

I get nasty headaches without sunglasses, even on overcast days. I wear sunglasses outside until the sun goes down. Sometimes I even keep them on indoors if there's a lot of sunlight coming in. My kids all have them. My 5 and 3 y/o sunglasses are kept in my bag and another par in our vehicle, but I don't make them wear them unless they want to. If we're going to be outside for a long period of time, 5 m/o DD has a goggle type pair.

hws060504
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:36 PM

I always wear sunglasses.  I can't go out without them or my eyes hurt so badly.  My 4 YO wear sunglasses most of the time he's outside.  He just likes to.  :)

mamakenzi
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:37 PM
I do everytime I am outside. DD has some but she really wears them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:39 PM

I've never worn sunglasses. My son used to wear them all the time but this summer he doesn't want to as much.

Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:06 PM

My son wears glasses with transition lenses, so he's always got glasses in the sun.  My other son wears glasses when I can find them (they're SUPPOSED to stay by the front door so I can find them easily).  If we're ever in a hurry and can't find them, he occasionally plays outside without his glasses on.  I wear glasses 100% of the time when outdoors or in the car.  I have extremely sensitive eyes and can't see without them.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I have to wear them.  My son wears them as well.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)