Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will you watch?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:56 PM
  • 22 Replies

I have to say at the very least I'm fascinated by the intricacies of the human mind and emotion.  I'm very curious as to how Casey turned out the way she did.  I will be DVR'ing this episode.

Dr. Phil Will Sit Down With Casey Anthony’s Parents

The relationship expert lands the exclusive interview.

Posted: 08/19/2011 01:27 AM EDT
Filed Under Oprah Winfrey

With “The Oprah Winfrey Show” retired, it was only a matter of time before viewers learned who would be the heir to the hard-hitting, exclusive interviews that Winfrey was known for.

According to Reuters, the parents of the acquitted 25-year-old, known as “America’s most hated woman,” are giving Dr. Phil their first interview. In the talk, which airs September 12, the TV host says, "I looked them straight in the eye and asked them some very tough questions."

During the trial, in which Anthony was accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, the defense claimed that Casey’s father George molested her as a young girl and her mother said she was the one who researched chloroform, and not her daughter.

In a statement, the father says, “We appreciate the way in which Dr. Phil has helped others, and we trust him enough to completely open our hearts in telling our story.” Surely, the jury thought they got the story, too.

(Photo: Michael Kovac/FilmMagic)

Full time mom, part time vegetarian!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:16 PM

No one else is interested to watch this?

mom2LandL
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I would love to, BUT I am hesitant to do anything that could help Casey benefit.  I am so interested--and I kinda hate myself for it.

Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:23 PM

The interview is with her parents, so I don't believe she will be compensated for this interview.  I think that if we could better understand sociopaths like her (which I fully believe her to be one), we can prevent things like what happened to her daughter in the future.  I think she's a cautionary tale.

LilDzMamma2010
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:30 PM
No I will not watch it or any others!!!! Ridiculous!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:45 PM
Hate to admit it but yes i will totally be watching it...her parents are just as much to blame. Id like to se whatthey have to say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:34 PM

good

Quoting alexis_06:

Hate to admit it but yes i will totally be watching it...her parents are just as much to blame. Id like to se whatthey have to say

mommy2bRN007
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:37 PM
No. and mostly cause I cant stand dr.phil...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iluvmyseptboy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:45 PM
Admittedly I'm scanning the article above, but am I completely missing the air time or is it just not there? I'm a central florida girl and I would definitely watch this. Not a big fan of Dr. Phil, but as Alexis_06 said, I'd love to hear what the parents have to say because after years of wondering what happened, I'd love an answer finally...or at least a glimps into their lives.
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:49 PM

"In the talk, which airs September 12, the TV host says, "I looked them straight in the eye and asked them some very tough questions.""

Quoting Iluvmyseptboy:

Admittedly I'm scanning the article above, but am I completely missing the air time or is it just not there? I'm a central florida girl and I would definitely watch this. Not a big fan of Dr. Phil, but as Alexis_06 said, I'd love to hear what the parents have to say because after years of wondering what happened, I'd love an answer finally...or at least a glimps into their lives.

There ya go :)

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I do not have any interest whatsoever in watching this. I have no respect for Dr. Phil nor the Anthonys. I do not believe we will ever get the truth on this case and having Dr. Phil try to get answers is a joke as far as I am concerned. JMO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)