Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the inlaws

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:30 PM
  • 18 Replies

why are the "inlaws" called "inlaws"? they aren't blood so they aren't really family and most people hate the "inlaws" and wish they were out of their lives and business, hell they don't even usually live in the same town/cities.... so why aren't they called the "outlaws" instead?

i'm not having a problem with mine at the moment, just saying. 

for PRODUCT RATING & FEEDBACK please visit

http://www.cafemom.com/group/productratingandfeedback

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I love mine and dont think of them as even in laws bc that doesnt sound good enough for them, just think of them as family

boshs1andonly
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Mine aren't my favorite people most of the time either, but since I'm gonna be with him for life I guess I just have to deal with them. He won't cut them out but he's not against moving far away so I may take him up on that soon enough. 

3mommy3
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:36 PM

I agree. I have been completely blessed with my extended family. Both of our families have meshed so well that we do all holidays, family events and anything that comes a/b together...It makes it so nice for the kids.

Quoting earthangel1967:

I love mine and dont think of them as even in laws bc that doesnt sound good enough for them, just think of them as family

HouseKatof2
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:36 PM

I feel sad for all those that don't get along with their in-laws (not that I can't relate from my first marriage). 

My husband's parents have both passed. I never knew his dad & his mom was in the last stages of severe dementia when he & I began dating, so I never really met her either. 

It warms my heart to see how much my parents love my husband and vice versa. 

It sure makes things a lot easier since they moved in with us last year, after we built "in-law quarters" onto the house.  

luvmysoldierboy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:38 PM

cause outlaws are already taken LMAO

3HappylKidds
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:06 PM
You know the difference between inlaws and outlaws??...outlaws are wanted!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosesandlilys
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:08 PM

because they are family in law only. Therefore inlaws lol.

sweetiepye2004
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Ha!! That cracked me up! That rings true with me!

Quoting 3HappylKidds:

You know the difference between inlaws and outlaws??...outlaws are wanted!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandankurt
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:09 PM

sidesplittinglaughter the "outlaws"!!! Gotta love it.  lol I'm so glad and lucky that I have great inlaws, I love almost everyone of them

3HappylKidds
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:35 PM
I get along with my inlaws pretty well..my husbands parents conisder me their own daughter. They even said if something happened to us an were getting divorced (not that it would happen) i would be allowed to stay with them an they would kick my husband to the curb hahaha makes me laugh. we have butted heads a few times but who hasnt? I am closer to my inlaws than my own family..kinda sad tho ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)