Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YOGA OR PILATES?????

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:53 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hi girls!!

I need to start to excercise but i cant do alot of cardo due to my health problems. I wondered which of these would be good for me: the YOGA OR PILATES?   I just wanted to buy a dvd and do it at home.

Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks,

Heather

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Rlambert6002
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:58 AM

I've never tried Yoga, but I do Pilates. I really like it. It's very good for your core muscles as well as all over. I have several of the dvd's and they are good too about showing improvisations for the exercises if you have neck, back, knee, etc. problems.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:02 AM

I've done both and preferred Pilates. IMO for at home pilates is more effective. With Yoga you really need to do the poses just right and it can be hard to get there without an instructor. 

2forKaty
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Pilates. Its a much better workout overall if you are looking for toning or weight loss, I can't stand regular yoga but Power Yoga is okay (it's basically yoga posses that you go through quickly and they add a lot of pilates to it). Pilates really targets your abs too which I love.

2forKaty
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I like Denise Austins Power Yoga DVD and she also has one called Hit the Spot Pilates and Shrink Your Female Fat Zones. They are all good if you can get past that fact that Denise has a creepy glues on smile hahaha. Usually I get her routines down and then I mute it and listen to my own music while I go through the DVD.

tiriedmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Thanks girls, i appreciate all of the suggestions. I know what u mean about Denise Austin.  To funny!!

Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I prefer Pilates.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)