Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question for you ladies

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:17 AM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter is 4 yr old n she goes to preschool.  I found out she freaks out with strange guys she doesn't know.  Cause she goes to a Lutheran preschool n Wednesdays they have Chapel n they have a different pastor each wk n the one last wk was tryin to involve the preschoolers n get up close to them n when he got near Makayla she started crying,coughing n breathing really hard.  She also does that too if the principal gets to close to her too.  She is fine with like her dad,both of her grandpas,other guys in the family or guy friends.  Is this normal? 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:22 AM

All kids go through phases at different ages and around different subjects. If she is uncomfortable, I wouldnt make a big fuss out of it or anything. She will get better the longer she is around other people and realizes that all people are not a danger. If you think there is something more, I would have speak to someone. Honestly, without any further evidence I would say she is just figuring out what she is and is not comfortable with when it comes to strangers. 

hotmomofmakayla
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Thanks!!  I kind figured that but I wanted to make sure though. 

mamakenzi
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

All kids go through phases at different ages and around different subjects. If she is uncomfortable, I wouldnt make a big fuss out of it or anything. She will get better the longer she is around other people and realizes that all people are not a danger. If you think there is something more, I would have speak to someone. Honestly, without any further evidence I would say she is just figuring out what she is and is not comfortable with when it comes to strangers. 

Kenzi

I'm just me, love it or hate it, ask me if I care...whatev!

http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Quoting DAHLONEGAMOMMY:

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:28 PM

I also wanted to say my son is 5 years old and he has to get to know you and warm up to you.  

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Some children warm up easily and some don't.  I hope the people there don't try to pressure her, this would make her have negative reactions.

hotmomofmakayla
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:56 PM

No her teacher has to tell them to back off a lil bit n then she is fine. 

Quoting Bmat:

Some children warm up easily and some don't.  I hope the people there don't try to pressure her, this would make her have negative reactions.

Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:43 PM

I agree with the other posters.  She's just learning her comfort boundaries.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)