Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do u mamas do on a very busy night with no time for a sit down dinner?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:39 PM
  • 8 Replies

Wednesdays are crazy here!!  I have my DD's dance class from 4 to 5pm and than she has a soccer game from 5:30 to ? which leaves her no time to sit down and eat dinner.  We have a 15 minute drive or so to soccer from dance so I can make her a sandwich that she can eat in the car.  During the hour that she's in dance I was going to come home or have a car picnic with sandwiches and crackers and fruit or something with my 2 younger kiddos.  I have no idea how long a soccer game is since this is our first one...she's only 5 so my DH who was in soccer almost all his school-life said it's not usually more than an hour.  So I can always make a quick dinner for us to eat after the game and the sandwiches are a "hold-me-over"  I have no idea.  Any suggestions!?!?!?  What do you do?  When I found out her games and dance were on the same days I told her to pick one.  Soccer is only for maybe 4 weeks on Wednesdays so it would be useless to take her completely out of dance.  She LOVES LOVES LOVES both and didn't want to pick.  I don't see the sandwich thing being a problem, but I wanted to know what other moms do.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DakotaHaley
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:40 PM

The sandwich thing should be fine. Usually on days like that we cheat. 

We do fast food.

sweetsinglemama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Sandwiches, fast food occasionally.

mamakenzi
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I have no idea.  I'm not to that point yet with DD.  I would do a heavy snack sandwich in the car and then a meal after you get home.

twixters21
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I would probably do a heavy snack in the car like you said, and then make Wednesday crock pot dinner day.  That way, dinner would be ready when you got home.  And, I'm sure we would end up doing fast food or ordering a pizza occasionally too.

lovinlife0607
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:42 PM

definitely some great advice!  :)  Thanks.  Not even enough time for fast food though...unless we ordered a pizza on our way home for the night. LOL

Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Make soemthing the night before or days before that's frozen and can be reheated to eat ont he go (burritos) or you can make wraps or fajitas and have them in the wraps.  We were a VERY active family (dance 3x a week, soccer 2x a week) and very rarely were ALL of us together at the dinner table every night.  We had a lot of meals on the go and typically didn't eat fast food.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:07 PM
Crock pot meals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenieceMojica
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:10 PM

i can feel your pain! hubby works odd hours and the kids have therepy and swim classes... on the crazy night i put the crock pot to good use and i also carry sandwiches, wraps, fruit.... and i am not going to lie but the days thats its really crazy i get BK lol lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)