Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quick...need an answer :/- update :)

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:22 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have a just turned 3 yr old girl. She's active and fast. My husband has an almost 90 yr old grandmother, and although she gets around, she's is still almost 90. This grandma wants to take just my 3 yr old shopping for fun.

I'm nervous about it-  I feel like she wouldn't be safe. It could be mom nerves though.

DH says it's fine.

any ideas? is it just mom nerves? or would you let your 3 yr old do this and not worry?

I feel like I want EVERY detail. . WHERE she's going, how long, exactly everything- just to be safe. DH again thinks all is OK.

Update: So, we met in the middle. I said " no don't go"...he said "I think it's fine"...so..we decided, she can go, but he's going with to stay in the background to make sure she's safe :)

Thanks ladies! I knew i wasn't completely crazy and paranoid! (a lil, yes :p)

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FordMama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:25 PM

I think that she will be fine.  When you take yur dd out, does she run around?  Or will she sit in a shopping cart or stroller?  I say, if gramma thinks she can handle it, let her give it a try!

hoping4number3
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:26 PM

she doesn't get in either. She usually walks next to us. Maybe if I told G'ma to make sure she STAYS in a cart...but then..G'ma can't put in her in a cart (she has knee issues). :/

stellarmom1
Why don't you just go with them. I understand what you mean, I would be afraid she doesn't realize how quick and crazy a 3 year old can be!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stevynjjsmoma

I wouldnt personally be comfortable with it. I would ask if I could tag along. I have a 9 & 5 year old and wouldnt trust anyone at that age with mine. You just never know. And a quick hyper 3 year old is a lot for anyone.

SoniaL
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I wouldn't allow it. My grandma is up there too and wants to have my DD spend the night or take her shoping, etc.  We just kept gently putting her off and I told DH if she pushes the issue HE has to talk to her because she ahs a crush on him.

Offer to go along stating that your DD is very active and you want to ensure everyone enjoys themselves safely.

hoping4number3
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM

thanks moms :)

Sweets27
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:59 PM
I wouldn't allow it. My 83 yr old grandma wants me to leave the boys with her sometimes but I don't do that. Just tell her you would like to join because your child is very active.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:19 PM

My aunt is 86 and I don't allow her to watch or take DD (almost 4) anywhere.  She simply can't keep up with her.  I would go with them and turn into a girl's day outing.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:21 PM

i wouldnt allow it personally. god forbid something happen to the grandmother your daughter isnt old enough to really know what to do. i would suggest a girls day and go with

jamesmommy0424
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Quoting stellarmom1:

Why don't you just go with them. I understand what you mean, I would be afraid she doesn't realize how quick and crazy a 3 year old can be!

but stay back where you can keep an eye on her but they can have fun together

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)