Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you find it rude?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM
  • 68 Replies

We went to a local parade on Sunday.  Pretty much the whole town is there and you are sitting along the streets of our little downtown w/ your lawnchairs...your typical parade. VERY close to the other parade watchers.  Well this guy a few people over keeps smoking.  I personally found it rude for him to stay right where he was, in the middle of all those people, including tons of kids, and smoke over and over.  He could have stepped back/away from the people.  My 14 yr old DD is very bothered by cigarette smoke so she made sure to over emphasize her gagging cough. lol but he didn't care.

http://leangreenmommy.wordpress.com/

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:03 PM
I'm a smoker myself so personally, it wouldn't bother me. I also smoke around a lot of people, and sometimes don't really think about where I am. There have been a few times someone asked me to step aside and I have, no problems. Maybe he didn't connect the coughing with his smoking?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:03 PM

When I smoked, I would make sure that I wasn't bothering anyone near me.

I find it rude, yes.

luvemboth
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM
Yes, I find that rude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM
Yes that is rude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LisaMarie27
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:13 PM
For sure. We just had our county fair. Tons of people walking around. Then you've got these people walking around holding their cigs down behind them walking through crowds. I ended up carrying my almost 5 year old son because he almost got touched by one a number of times. Very disrespectful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2girls216
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Of course, it is very rude! 

lioness3e
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Yes, it's rude and I would of asked if he could step back, or take a break so the rest of us could breath for awhile. Second hand smoke is the worst thing.

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:39 PM

I find it not only rude but egotistical and self centered.  I cannot stand the smell of smoke and I sure as heck don't want my kids exposed to it.  My dad died of lung cancer, he didn't smoke but he worked in an office where his co-workers smoked.  Not a fan of smoking...

earthangel1967
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Yes its very rude

I get migraines from being around cigarette smoke and my oldest son has always had severely chronic disabling asthma so If he didnt stop I would have had to get up and move my whole big family ugh what a self centered guy.

YVONNE Meez 3D avatar avatars games

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:31 PM

It is illegal to smoke on public sidewalks or communal areas. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)