Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yup one of THOSE posts....

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:24 PM
  • 10 Replies

Can I be pregnant?

Yup. One of those. I plan on going to the dollar store and getting a test tomorrow but I am not chewing my nails in worry.

I have been bleeding for 5 weeks straight, please don't say go to the dr. We don't have insurance and I can't afford to pay out, we can't afford another child either. We use condoms and we did the pull out method once, yeah yeah I know stupid, but it was when I was on this thing called a period and yes I know I can get pregnant while on your period. But this isn't a normal period.

So yesterday I was seriously nauseated. Today I have been having cramps and latley I have been super tired but I figured that was from the lovely anemia i never get rid of and am pretty sure I am doubled up on now.

So could I get pregnant while bleeding forever and a day from 1 time of a mistake and still bleeding?

Blah blah yea one of those posts....

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Butterflysky_24
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Why r u bleeding for 5 weeks. That's something a dr needs to know about even if u have no insurance! I believe u can get pregnant any time really. Just test and see
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Yes, sorry. Since it isn't in your plans right now.  The nausea and cramps though can be from the bleeding also.  I know you said don't tell you to, but you should see a doctor.

Bethbeth
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:38 PM

A lot of states have a plan for women to get free birth control and female exams. Have you looked into those? Maybe that could pay for a Dr. visit for you? If you call a health department clinic they should be able to tell you how to apply or look online. I hope you can find something to help.

OHgirlinCA
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:39 PM

You need to see a doctor

2forKaty
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:41 PM

The nausea and being tired could be from bleeding so long, it could be aggravating your anemia. Try taking extra iron. Maybe you call a nurse hotline and ask about the bleeding for 5 weeks thing? Then you'll know how urgent it is that you go in atleast.

Madisons3boys
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:44 PM

The emergency room cannot turn u away for inability to pay. After 5 weeks of heavy bleeding you should go or it can be something serious and u could die, and the child u have now cannot lose u. While at the hospital, explain that u have no insurance and say "I NEED CHARITY CARE or WHATEVER U HAVE TO HELP PATIENTS WHO HAVE NO ABILITY TO PAY" and they will get u forms to fill out. Odds are u wont have to pay anything but go. I am sure ure fam. cannot afford to BURY YOU, and yes I will say it very bluntly because u NEED to go to a DOCTOR NOW even if it is 1 at the ER.

mswaz
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:48 PM
Call planned parenthood if you are pregnant that much bleeding is not good... The provide free or reduced medical care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:09 PM

5 WEEKS of bleeding? Sounds more serious than pregnancy.

Okay, you have no money for doc- find an open door clinic. You don't have to show proof of income, and it's sliding scale. You could pay a few bucks and get it.

Karebear6101
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:39 PM

No, it doesn't sound like your pregnant. It sounds like you have some other health issues that needs to be looked at right away.

Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Go to the doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)