Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm desperate for advice. Please dont bash me, i just need HELP!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM
  • 26 Replies

i'm a single Mom with 2 children. My daughter whom is 9 and is in 3rd grade used to go to a public school and then i had to take her out do to attitude problems, for some reason i thought homeschooling would work better for her. She still doesnt want to learn or will listen or will do anything with me at home. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO?  I've been crying and tryed to talk to her, she's so stubborn. I've taken things away from her, given her a whippen, tryed talking nicely. NOTHING WORKS!!!

When i did snd her to school i could never get her out to the bus, she would run and hide in the house and then would go limp on me and i cant lift her to get her to the bus. When she didnt go to school, i got in trouble and they had children serv. on me. I know i cant continue to school her or continue to deal with such problems from her. I have lupus and i'm on chemo and can hardly do anything.

I need someone to talk to and i dont know who that would be. Please anyone help me!!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:32 PM

I think I'd call the counselor or principal at the school and tell them and ask where to turn. They might have suggestions. Have you spoken to her doctor about her behavior?  ((hugs))

tigger_18_55
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:35 PM

agreed.

Quoting Bmat:

I think I'd call the counselor or principal at the school and tell them and ask where to turn. They might have suggestions. Have you spoken to her doctor about her behavior?  ((hugs))

itty_bitty
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:36 PM

thats about all i can say mama, sorry :( :*HUGS*

Quoting tigger_18_55:

agreed.

Quoting Bmat:

hollydaze1974
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Yes, it's serious behavior problem, but you need a dr involved. She needs prof help. This is not you fault but you can't fox her, you need prof help.
Rosebud333776
by Trish on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM

I agree with the others, start with her school counselor.  I wish you the best of luck. 

Get all the help that you can for her & yourself now before she gets any older. LUPUS is tough and as you know  causes pain and exhaustion etc.etc. which of course makes your situation all the more difficult. I can empathize with having a rebellious child and I also have lupus. U r receiving chemo treatments? I hope you don't also have cancer.!hugs

princessputter
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM

send her back to public school..  maybe with an IEP?

mamakenzi
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Quoting Bmat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babyshoe
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:33 PM

There are special school designated to children with extra needs (emotionally or behaviorally). Ask to meet with either the school psychologist (not guidance counselor) and/or the school's social worker. THey should be able to guide you to that program. Best of luck!

lioness3e
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I agree with the others. I'd also recommend checking the Love and Logic group in your area. It's a good support group.

momk23
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Sorry I don't have anything to add, I agree with what pps have said.  Hang in there, I hope you can get her the help you both need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)