Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter is the only girl in her class - 5th grade

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:38 PM
  • 21 Replies

We are at a private school and her class size has always been small.  Over the years the girl classmates have left to go to publice schools finally leave her to be the last.  She has her core friends who are three boys, all together since kindergarten.  But should we pull her to move to the private school "down the street" where the boy girl ration is 2 to 7?  My other problem is she has a little brother in 1st grade who has a great group of friends who have been together since preschool.  UGH!!  Any advice would be great.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gsae
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Does she care? If not then I say don't pull her just get her in like girl scouts or church if you attend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethbeth
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Quoting gsae:

Does she care? If not then I say don't pull her just get her in like girl scouts or church if you attend

hollydaze1974
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Quoting gsae:

Perfect answer!

The ones that you love the most go away to soon, the others just never go away...

tanya_marieh
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Agreed

Quoting gsae:

I always wanted to be somebody, but now
I realize I should have been more specific.

Lily Tomlin

Mommynwife26
by Brianna on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:00 PM
This

Quoting gsae:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:01 PM
This

Quoting gsae:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsallabtthem84
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Quoting Mommynwife26:

This

Quoting gsae:

mamakenzi
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Quoting gsae:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:27 AM

i was the only girl in my class from kindergarten til grade 5.....i also attended a private school...and i can honestly say, i think that has to do with why im so shy around people now...and why its so hard for me to make friends.....(im 28...and literally have no friends...) it frickin sucks!  you definetley need to do something for her, so that shes around other girls her age.....

Mom_Of_3_Angelz
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:31 AM

Quoting mamakenzi:

Quoting gsae:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)