Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What do you do when your baby daddy ignores you???

Posted by   + Show Post
But you know he will be a good father cause you have seen him with other kids???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 3:02 AM
Replies (31-40):
AleaKat
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Sounds like a bad plan. If your in an unhappy relationship it effects the kids whether you want it to or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Just because he is good with other kids is no bearing on how he will be as a father.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmccrea
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:35 PM

He's not a good person if he ignores you!  You can do better than that.  Your child deserves better than that.  He sounds insecure, and I wouldn't want that in my child's life.

mumbellina
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:42 PM

If he's going to be a good father then he will be one whether or not the two of you are together. Good dads remain involved and continue to provide for their kids even if things don't work out for the mother. And if they're really a good dad they'll treat their kid's mom with respect and put the their interests first during and after the break-up. Not saying that you guys can't work it out. I have no idea, but just that your relationship doesn't affect what kind of father he'll be.

ANSLUASI
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe wait until you have a committed partner before procreating?

Aqua_Jen
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:34 PM
I don't know. I have a husband and my children have a father, not a baby daddy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraLovesEli29
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:36 PM
I'm glad when my DS's father ignores me. I can't stand him and he is a piece of crap father, so I know he isn't good with any kids. I feel bad for the woman that gives birth to the rest of his kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SaraLovesEli29
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:45 PM
And on another note, I am now married to a man, who I am also expecting another baby with, who does not ignore me. He also doesn't ignore my son, who he considers his. If a man will sit there and ignore the mother of his child, he's not worth your time or your effort. I wouldn't ever want to be with someone who felt the need to ignore me or my children. And, if you two are together, you shouldn't be calling him your baby daddy. You should be calling him your boyfriend, because the term baby daddy is kind of disrespectful to someone you care about. I absolutely hate my DS's father, but I still don't say baby daddy. It is a little bit trashy.
danandsamsmom
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

How old are you?  I have a husband, not a baby daddy.  I can't help you ...my husband always puts his family first.

Just because he is good at hanging out with other's peoples kids for short periods of time, doesn't mean that he will be a good father.

Kaya529
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:51 PM
I tell him I will get social services to find out and they will charge him. Or say that I will ask his mother, who is unaware of his existence. He isn't too bright so it works everytime.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN