Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laundry disaster....Help!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:17 AM
  • 9 Replies

I always check my husbands pockets but for some reason I never check my 2 year old's pockets.  She had a black washable crayon in her pocket.  That's not the worst part.  I didn't notice a problem until I was taking her clothes out of the dryer!  Its all over her clothes,favorite blanket, favorite stuffed animal, and the dryer.  I proceeded to put a load of my clothes in the washer (before the discovery of crayon explosion) so its probably on mine and DH's clothes too.  Atleast the load in the washer was darks and hasn't been dried yet.  Ugh.  What to do!?  I thought about those color catcher thingies but it just so happens DH is at work and my car is in the shop.  Double ugh.  Any Ideas?

In case anyone wants to know how to get crayon out of the dryer....

Crayola recommends using WD-40 to get the crayon off the dryer drum and then using soapy water or a soapy sponge to clean off the WD-40.  Just fyi.  Another use for WD-40. :-)

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Christy644
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM

oih no!!! I really have no idea. I just wanted to have a reply in here so I could come back and read an answer if somebody has it!

So really my special bump lol

Laurenmommy918
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:57 AM

:-O totally sucks!!  Do you think that bleach substitute would get I out?

Mattsmom1397
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM
Try oxiclean
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:13 PM

aside from washing everythingthat got stained again by hand...i dunno........that really sucks tho! hope you figure something out  :)

mamakenzi
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:51 PM
That's what I would do

Quoting alexis_06:

aside from washing everythingthat got stained again by hand...i dunno........that really sucks tho! hope you figure something out  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Thanks ladies!  I have both oxyclean and bleach substitute so I'll try those.  Turns out mine and DH's clothes are ok so that's half the battle.  I have to hang dry them though b/c the inside of my dryer is a mess.  I'm not sure how to get the crayon out of the dryer.  I used Clorox wipes and it took a little of it off but I'm afriad if I put my clothes in the dryer the crayon will re-melt.

On a funny/cute note when I took dd's clothes out of the dry she said "Oh no mom.  Clothes not clean.  Clothes dirty.  And piglet (her stuffed animal) is dirty too." 

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:40 PM

I'd call the dryer manufacturer and ask their advice.

-PB
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:33 PM

bump for an update!

FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I swear by Spray-n-Wash, it has saved many many items for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)