Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a quick, real simple dinner idea for 1 person?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I'm not much of a cook.  Scratch that.  I'm barely a cook.  Tonight I'm supposed to cook something for DB but I don't know what.  I usually make something both of us can eat but since I have no room in the fridge to save any I don't need much.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:32 PM

I cook for myself a lot. I do simple things though, like soup and sandwiches, or a lean cuisine and add a few vegie sides.  Its difficult to make a complete meal! Try cooking a piece of meat and just adding sides for one!

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM

For a guy I'd say a steak and a couple sides, such as salad and potato.

Melleroy1974
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Yea i agree nice steak, maybe small salad and baked potato good luck.  Not unless you can make beans and some green chillie lol  thats our fav.

louzannalady
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Take a frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast and smother it in olive oil and smear it all over it. Then, take McCormick's Montreal chicken seasoning and sprinkle a little over the top and through it in the oven for about 30-60 minutes on about 425-450. Then, serve some green beans (canned or frozen) with butter melted over it and sprinkle it with garlic salt and basil (they sell basil dried and sliced up to sprinkle in the seasonings aisle). 

mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting louzannalady:

Take a frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast and smother it in olive oil and smear it all over it. Then, take McCormick's Montreal chicken seasoning and sprinkle a little over the top and through it in the oven for about 30-60 minutes on about 425-450. Then, serve some green beans (canned or frozen) with butter melted over it and sprinkle it with garlic salt and basil (they sell basil dried and sliced up to sprinkle in the seasonings aisle). 

thanks for the tip.  i'll have to try that.  usually my chicken dishes don't turn out well.  i decided to go with pork chop.  i've never made them before & have no idea how to cook them other than a vague recollection of my mom frying them when i was younger, which i don't want to do.  oh well.  i guess i'll try to wing it.  thinking of trying to grill them or put them in the oven.  oh well if it doesn't work he can always eat a soup!

mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Quoting Melleroy1974:

Yea i agree nice steak, maybe small salad and baked potato good luck.  Not unless you can make beans and some green chillie lol  thats our fav.

thanks & to the other steak replies.  i guess it would have been a good idea if i knew how to cook one.  i don't. :D

Melleroy1974
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Aww im so sorry,  not hard to do though do you have a grill?? if not just fry it up on the stove on low little bit of oil throw some salt and pepper maybe little bit of garlic salt keep burner on low cuz u dont want to burn the steak and guess what you made a steak try it out it is not hard experment a little u will be amazed.

mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Quoting Melleroy1974:

Aww im so sorry,  not hard to do though do you have a grill?? if not just fry it up on the stove on low little bit of oil throw some salt and pepper maybe little bit of garlic salt keep burner on low cuz u dont want to burn the steak and guess what you made a steak try it out it is not hard experment a little u will be amazed.

thanks.  i don't have any steaks but i'll keep this in mind.  going to see how the pork chops turn out tonight.  & that is what it will be tonight.  an experiment.  at least if they're nasty he'll be okay since his appetite will be ruined.  :)

Melleroy1974
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Lol okay porkchops do you have any flour or eggs?

Melleroy1974
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Okay if you dont have flour or eggs lets malke it simple dont want to confuse you,  just fry porkchops same way i told you about the steaks same same thing my dear its east just put in pan when they are frying cover them with lid cuz oil will splash do not put alot of oil like enough to cover bottom of pan than put salt pepper and garlic salt it will be so good warm up some veggies and kind if you have corn or whatever sounds like fun

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)