Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DSi or no DSi???

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

my almost 6 year old wants a dsi for christmas and i know hes old enough but not sure if mature enough. I have a pink DSi and he always plays it. he ALWAYS looses the stylis and when he takes the games out he doesnt put them back in the case so they get lost. one time he lost a stylis he used a pencil and scratched my screen in several places. so im not sure to get him one this christmas or wait to get him one next christmas. waht do you think?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Iluvjandkplus8
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:35 PM
We got my 7yr old a PSP Go. No stylist or games to lose. All games are downloaded. It's great!! My 4yr old is getting on this Christmas because he constantly plays his brother's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM

I wouldn't get a handheld system for a 6 year old. I would, however, get them a Wii or games for our consoles.

Jamie.Nicole
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM
We bought our 8 year old a dsi last Christmas and we Are teaching responsibility. If the games aren't in his carry case with everything else we take it away from him for however long we feel is necessary. A year later it is in almost brand new condition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrskelby
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM

I would say no for now especially since he hasn't shown that he's responsible enough to take care of yours.  Explain to him that when he shows you (consistantly) that he can take care of your DSi, then you can get him one.  Is there something that is similar that may be a little cheaper for him to start with? Maybe something from Leap Frog? 

Tranla
by Elisabeth on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM
Since he hasn't acted responsible with yours, I wouldn't get him his own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Actually, I got my boys each a DS last christmas and they were 4 & 6 and they have done very well with them.. This Christmas, I have gotten them both a PSP.. 

danssugarbabe
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I bought Shaleigh a IXL from fisher price last year and had games installed on it.  She has taken good care of it and this year we are getting her a DS Lite with some games and a stylus.  We will get her a case so that she can keep both of the games together and that was she can use either one of them.  The IXL is awesome for kids....they have books to read, games, writing, music you can download to it, and pictures can be downloaded also.  She loves it and the stylus is attached by a cord so that she couldn't lose it.  You might try that first and see how it goes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)