Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seperated.......possibly filing for divorce :(

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:38 PM
  • 17 Replies

So my marriage is on the outs right now, he kicked me out and kept my son, he says I can have him during the days but not over night because I do not have a bed for him understandable, but I found out today that he has talked to a doctor and was told that our son was delayed on his speech and he apparently didn't feel that I deserved to know, he told me that I basically didn't need to know everything altough I have told him everything about our son that I was told and he wasn't, it pissed me off to say the least,I am thinking about going and getting an apartment and a bed for my son so I can have him at night, What do you ladies think about this? He says he wants to work on this marriage but he isn't trying at all should I just give up fighting or contiunue? I love this man to death but can't deal with the pissiness!!

I'm a formula feeding, disposable diapering, full-time working, family oriented, 22 year old, college attending, mommy of one precious little boy Alexander Reed(4-18-10)in loveCarmilla and Ben 8-19-09  baby boyAlexander Reed 4-18-10

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ijustlove2smile
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:41 PM
Please look up defacto custody in your state
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:41 PM

It sounds like a plan to me- get a place to stay and furniture that you need. Also get a lawyer.

danssugarbabe
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I would never have let him keep him from me for any length of time.  Yes you are trying to do what is right for your child.  Go get the apartment and get things ready and then sit down with him and figure out a good visitation schedule.  Don't keep your son from him but also don't put up with his BS.

Alexsmama41810
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM

That's the plan I love him so much but I can't deal with this

Melleroy1974
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Sorry to hear this,  marriage always has its ups and downs.  Noone can really tell you to keep fighting or give up, this is all your decision,  i can tell you though remember one thing pray every day ask god to direct you to the right decision,  do not rush things YOUR SON is your priority right now, no matter how mad you are or how bad you feel remember one thing your son needs the both of you this is not his fault,  it sounds like you have a wonderful family,  right now you need to concentrate on what makes you happy within.  and pray give it some time i would say things will get better if you both want this marriage to really work.  Good luck and remember pray pray pray i promise you this will help..

Mommy103110
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:53 PM

He has your son and is deciding when you can and cant see him??????!!!???  F*** that!!! I would not allow anyone to take kid and just let it happen! Get a lawyer. You have rights to your son just as much has he does and i am so angry with your husband for how selfish he is being! Your son needs his mommy just as much as he needs his daddy! Get a lawyer and tell that asshole that for one, he should have never kicked you out if he wanted to work things out or if he gave a shit about you at all. And secondly he should NEVER hold your son from you! That is straight up BS. Get a lawyer and get your son back!! Screw that man, he is selfish and an asshole!

louzannalady
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Using your son as a bartering tool like this is inappropiate. I am worried. Please talk to an attorney ASAP. You are his mother and you have rights and your husband is currently interferring with those rights and is being manipulative by not telling what is going on with your son's health. If he has been manipulative like this in the past and you mention him being "pissy" you may be experiencing emotional abuse. I don't like calling abuse. But, I do like to mention it when I hear at least two red flags, such as what I mentioned. If you have a safe computer, you can go to thehotline.org, and they list the signs of abuse, if you think this may be happening to you. 

louzannalady
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Oh and my hubby knows that if he kicks me out, even in middle of the night, our son comes with me! There is no question about where our son goes!

rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Do not allow him to keep your son from you! SOme states decide physical custody based on who the child is living with. Do everything you can to get your son with you. Do not allow him to bully you or threaten you. Seek help wherever you can. Hugs!

Alexsmama41810
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM

I think things will work out I just need to know what he wants me to do this was my fault

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)