Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 5 year old will not stop using the bathroom on herself.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM
  • 4 Replies
I do not know what to do anymore. i've tried everything from little treats to taking toys away. when I ask her why she just says, Because I pooped on myself" or I didn't get up to go the the bathroom. This is so frustrating. I tried to tell her that she can't do that once she goes to school next year. The kids might make fun of her. Any help?
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Make her clean herself up, including taking a shower afterward and putting her clothes in the washing machine.  Try to stay out of it so this doesn't become a power struggle.

Good luck!

kymmie86
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:03 PM
my son was doing really good at pooping in the potty for a week than started going in his pants. he did go today it might just take some time but i do make him clean his self up an we tell him santas not coming this yr if u dont poop in tghe potty. but we have a friend u has a son that is going to be 7 an still poops his pants. he just wont go his mom babies him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NookBoookMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:55 PM

it sounds more or less like she is rebelling and she can clearly see that this is getting a rise out of you. next time she does it firmly tell her

" what do you want me to do about it ? get some clothes, get a shower go put those clothes in the hamper and be prepared to wash them.'

once she sees that she isnt getting that shock value out of you she is going to realize game is over.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

Make her clean herself up, including taking a shower afterward and putting her clothes in the washing machine.  Try to stay out of it so this doesn't become a power struggle.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)