Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son just hit me

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:30 PM
  • 44 Replies

My 4 year old just slapped my in my face. He has NEVER done this before and I'm not sure how to handle it. He got mad because I turned off his playstation when I thought he had played enough. When he did it I scared myself because I thought I was going to hit him back but I caught myself and told him to leave the room so I could calm down. I calmed down and explained to him that hitting is wrong and he is never ever to hit me again but I'm not sure I got through to him. I want this to be the last time this ever happens. I won't tolerate hitting and my husband definitely wont but he's military and away. After it happened I called dh and told him about it and he talked to our son, but I'm sure my son grasps that daddy really can't do anything about it. Has this happened to you? How did you handle it?

Mommy to Ally(1-24-09) & Adian(8-12-07); Wife to Ilie(7-6-06)

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NookBoookMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:31 PM

yikes! I would defintely do some punishment along with just talking. take everything away and have him earn it back.

adians_mama
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Yeah I was so stunned I even thought the moment to punish had passed. He wont play for the rest of the day, but when I spank it doesn't seem to phase him but I can't bring myself to hit him hard enough to hurt him. I need to figure out how to be a better disciplinarian.

Mommy to Ally(1-24-09) & Adian(8-12-07); Wife to Ilie(7-6-06)

Jamie1972
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM
Take the playstation away for a day or more. Have him earn it back. like chores or something. Time out for about 4 minuts. And not in his room. In a corner where he wont be distracted by anything fun. Had to do that to my 10 yr when he was little. I knew he hit me cuz he was upset about no more game. But he larned not to hit after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM

I know that most people won't agree with my approach, but for me, it worked.  When my stepson was about 6 or 7, he got pissed off because I had told him "no" and he decided to kick me..hard.  So, I kicked him back using the same amount of force that he used.  He did not like it and he's never kicked me again.  He has stopped threatening to hit me, also.  He had been warned , on several occasions, that if he hit or kicked me, he was getting the same thing done to him.

I'm not saying for you to hit him in his face, so don't think that.

tabetha_w
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM
Im sorry but i would be highly upset if there step mom kicked them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:44 PM
Spanking teaches him that it is okay to hit when you are unhappy.

Quoting adians_mama:

Yeah I was so stunned I even thought the moment to punish had passed. He wont play for the rest of the day, but when I spank it doesn't seem to phase him but I can't bring myself to hit him hard enough to hurt him. I need to figure out how to be a better disciplinarian.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:46 PM
If you were stepmother to my child, you can be sure you would never see him again.

Quoting offrdngal:

I know that most people won't agree with my approach, but for me, it worked.  When my stepson was about 6 or 7, he got pissed off because I had told him "no" and he decided to kick me..hard.  So, I kicked him back using the same amount of force that he used.  He did not like it and he's never kicked me again.  He has stopped threatening to hit me, also.  He had been warned , on several occasions, that if he hit or kicked me, he was getting the same thing done to him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Before you decide to pass judgement, remember that you do not live in my household.  If you wouldn't like it, maybe you would teach your child not to kick or hit anyone.  I will not justify how or why I do things.  It is what worked in my household.

Quoting tabetha_w:

offrdngal
by Terri on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM

I really don't care.

Quoting rgba:

If you were stepmother to my child, you can be sure you would never see him again.

Quoting offrdngal:

rgba
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM
Before you decide to recommend kicking children on this forum, you should realize you will be judged.

Quoting offrdngal:

Before you decide to pass judgement, remember that you do not live in my household.  If you wouldn't like it, maybe you would teach your child not to kick or hit anyone.  I will not justify how or why I do things.  It is what worked in my household.

Quoting tabetha_w:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)