• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the crap!?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:30 PM
  • 8 Replies

Two days ago, Lumber Liquidators had a GREAT laminate florring that DH and I both liked, with the pad attached, for $0.99/sq. ft.  Today, it is GONE....totally gone from their website.  So, DH told me to get and install whatever I want; he's tired of looking.  I'm SERIOUSLY considering doing the $0.39/sq foot clearance one w/ a 10 year warranty.  Its just for our bedroom, which we only use for sleeping and...ahem.  So, its not like its a high traffic area, and its a VERY pretty floor; defnitely doesn't LOOK dirt cheap (I've looked at it in person and LOVED it).  He's just convinced that, because of the price, it won't hold up.

WWYD?   Would you save the money, get the one he said no to and just no tell him?  LOL  Or would you get something more expensive which you don't like as much just because he THINKS this one won't hold up?  (Bear in mind, this is a truckload clearance item; it does NOT retail for this insanely low price.  Its normally well over $1/sq ft.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mamakenzi
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:48 PM
I would get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:49 PM

I would just get whatever I liked.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:50 PM
I would get the one you like. Just explain that it's not inexpensive because it's cheaply made, just marked down in price. Get someone to tell him what it would usually go for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nellyb118
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:51 PM
I would get it. Just because it's marked down doesn't necessarily mean crappy quality.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Ok, well I just told him I'm just going to pick something and surprise him.  LOL  So...we shall see.  I'm going to go buy it tomorrow.

Butterflysky_24
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:30 PM
You have to get what u like. But if my husband told me he wanted the more expensive kind id say you don't have to tell me twice lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM
Lmao But I can do the whole room and walk in closet for $115. :)

Quoting Butterflysky_24:

You have to get what u like. But if my husband told me he wanted the more expensive kind id say you don't have to tell me twice lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mattsmom1397
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:40 PM
Id buy it. I always get good bargins. I never pay retail for anything. Good for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)