Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeding

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have been having problems feeding my daughter. She is 10 months old and has been eating baby food for 5 months now. In the past month or so, she hasnt really been eating. I try not to give her a bottle unless she wont stop crying. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything I can do about it?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JADIEBUG
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Formula and/or breast milk ALWAYS comes before solids in the first year. Why are you denying her bottles? Solids under a year old is only for fun and the experience not for nutrition.

PEEK05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Um...she's supposed to have her bottle first.

mamakenzi
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Formula and/or breast milk ALWAYS comes before solids in the first year. Why are you denying her bottles? Solids under a year old is only for fun and the experience not for nutrition.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Quoting JADIEBUG:

ambemmons
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Quoting 081499:

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
georgiapeach198
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:35 PM

OH, well her pediatrician told me to make sure that she eats and that she was having too many bottles. So, I was just wondering how to get her to eat. Obviously I am not going to starve her, so in the end she does end up with a bottle.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Most peds push solids as early as 4 months.  They are very much outdated with that info (and sorely undereducated!)  In reality, kiddos don't need solids until they're a year old.  

She's probably just going through a phase.  Feed her the bottle first and then offer solids.  If she eats them, great.  If not, no biggie.  :)

We know you won't starve her.  :)  We were just concerned when you said that you try not to give her a bottle unless she won't stop crying.  Try the bottle first, then solids, and see how that goes.  :)

Quoting georgiapeach198:

OH, well her pediatrician told me to make sure that she eats and that she was having too many bottles. So, I was just wondering how to get her to eat. Obviously I am not going to starve her, so in the end she does end up with a bottle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)