Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im annoyed today because...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:01 PM
  • 5 Replies
In out of town visiting family and my 1 yr old has pnuemonia and my husband is being a big butt. He hasn't called to check on her. She got sick the day after we got to town and I ended up taking her to the ER. I let him know we were going and he was going to pick up a game at midnight. It was that dumb MW3 game. Anyways. I'm sitting in the ER while my baby is screaming and having to get poked and annoying breathing treatments and I get a text from him saying he got the game. Like I give a crap at the moment. Why don't you text me and ask me how our baby is doing. Even since then he hasn't checked on her. Today I was talking to a cousin who works for an insurance company and she asked if we wanted her to give us a quote cause she was sure she could get us something cheaper than we have. I called him and told him about it and he acted like a jerk. He said he didn't want to fool with it, when all he had to do was give me a couple of numbers. He said it would just be more bills for us, which makes no sense at all. He just doesn't want to get up from the game to give me a number out of his wallet. And he doesn't want to have to think about even though I'd be the one to take care of it all. He just doesn't get it when it comes to some stuff. It's just a quote, we don't have to switch but if we did we would be saving money which we really need to do. And then he hung up on me. Never even asked how the baby was even though he could hear her in the background.

Thanks for listening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamakenzi
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:03 PM
Wow, I wouldn't tolerate that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lioness3e
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:13 PM

My SO is a gamer. If he did something like that I'd be taking a hammer to the game when I got home.

However, he isn't that stupid because he knows me well enough that I'd do something like that.

I'm sorry you had to experience that. Sounds like he needs to do some growing up.

Jennwa74
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My DH gaming system is in the pawn shop....and I have a very nice bottle of wine! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylarand
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Sounds like he has some growing up to do. Mine was the same way. We separated over his immaturity, but have worked things out. He learned a lot of humility, did a lot of growing up and he now puts our relationship and our family first. When your baby gets better, take her to a sitter, go home and put that damn gaming system in a locked box and ship it to the next continent just like you'll do with your DD's cell phone when she's a teenager and sneaks out at night. If my DH ignored our family for a GAME, we wouldn't have a game.

victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM
Honesty it's not just the game. Even if he didn't have the game to play he isn't thoughtful enough to talk to his family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)