Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Off Topic.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM
  • 52 Replies

This is off topic but.

How do you guys feel about the Penn State issues?

I am a huge fan of the school/team. And it makes me sad that people are blaming Joe Paterno.

He did what was legally right, andd it was his superiors job to go to the police. Not only that, but the guy who saw the act should've called 911 on the spot.

We are loosing fans over this, so to me, they were never true fans.

And people are blaming Joe, but Joe did nothing wrong at all.

Morally, yes he should've gone to the police.

Joe announced his retirement this morning.

I really want to cry, no I do not know him personally, nor have I ever met him. But he is a true inspiration for me and many other people.I don't know any other school who does what Joe has done.

For those who do not know what has happened.. In 2002, I believe a student walked in on the former assistant coach named Staudsky raping a 10 year old boy, this student the next day turned to Joe, and told Joe what had happened, Joe had gone to his superiors, and his boss, and the superiors and the boss, did NOTHING about it. They now want Joe to retire or to resign and quit. 

Well, what about the superiors who did nothing about it? Shouldn't they be forced to resign instead of Joe? It was THEIR jobs to go to the police, not Joe. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

He did not do what was right! What if that was his kid, do you think he would have stopped at just telling the higher ups. No way! He did not do the right thing!

RutterMama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I don't know anything about it.

Mom2Addison12
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:59 PM

YES HE DID. 

RE READ. HE DID WHAT WAS LEGALLY right. 

It was his SUPERIORS job to go to the police. I stated that he should've morally gone, and I am one of the biggest JoePA fans. 

momof3angela
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:59 PM
It is like being an accessory to a crime. I know this whole thing must really be shaking things up your way. It really is a shame and I hope he gets to share his side of what happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Addison12
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Quoting momof3angela:

It is like being an accessory to a crime. I know this whole thing must really being shaking things up your way. It really is a shame and I hope he gets to share his side of what happened.

As do I. But I'm not sure if it will. 

It's shaken up EVERY campus PSU has.

momof3angela
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:00 PM
Ya...then it should fall on them. Sad when the little ppl have to take the fall when higher ups need to accept responsibility.

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

YES HE DID. 

It was his SUPERIORS job to go to the police. I stated that he should've morally gone, and I am one of the biggest JoePA fans. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prdmama1154
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:12 PM
I haven't heard of this, what's happened?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iluvjandkplus8
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Those that knew and did nothing should get the same punishment as the guy that did the unspeakable acts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Addison12
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Excatly. 

And I swear I do love Joe, I seriously do. It's been on my bucket list, to see a PSU football as Joe the coach, he is the biggest inspiration. But it's almost time for him to retire anyways. Just not this way, not at all. 

He should leave on his terms, not because people are blaming him for it, and he hasn't done anything wrong. 

The person who cought the act happening should've called police.

Quoting momof3angela:

Ya...then it should fall on them. Sad when the little ppl have to take the fall when higher ups need to accept responsibility.

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

YES HE DID. 

Mom2Addison12
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Quoting Iluvjandkplus8:

Those that knew and did nothing should get the same punishment as the guy that did the unspeakable acts.

Do you know what happened?

You are telling me that Joe should get arrested because he did what he was to do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)