Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

omg i'm being discriminated against

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM
  • 60 Replies
we have been without tv for 4yrs. we decided to get direct tv. was approved then they decided to refuse us service cuz huby's sister who lives 3 states away owes them almost $500. wtf? they want US to pay HER bill so WE can get service. they said they don't believe we would pay our bill since she do't pay hers. then hung up on me! i'm so pissed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:13 PM

That's nuts! What does one have to do with the other. How would they even know who his sister is?

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Call back and get someone else.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

NookBoookMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:16 PM

wow! I would be calling better buisness buru b/c thats illegal!

indymom22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you sure he wasn't put on as a consigned? If he wasn't you need to keep going up the food chain until someone fixes this.
chosen_of_god
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:22 PM
That's what I was thinking. It is possible they put u down

Quoting indymom22:

Are you sure he wasn't put on as a consigned? If he wasn't you need to keep going up the food chain until someone fixes this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Yup.  Call back and talk to someone else.  Sounds like you got someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.  

Quoting jillbailey26:

Call back and get someone else.

3lilmonsters88
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:23 PM
Doesnt sound right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kw.2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:24 PM

what? that is the craziest thing i have ever heard.. how do they even know she is his sister?

Francine24
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:25 PM

I truly agree they cant do this

Quoting NookBoookMom:

wow! I would be calling better buisness buru b/c thats illegal!

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:28 PM
4 moms liked this

They have a right to deny anyone service, but they dont have the right to make you responsible for anyone else's debt. Having worked for the largest collection company in the U.S. I can tell you that the only way they can do what they are telling you is if his name or social is connected to the account. If he didnt voluntarily put his name on her account, he might want to get a copy of his credit report to see if sister dear has been using his i.d. to get services in her home. You can also request that they send you a formal demial in writing as to why they are not allowing you service. You can then file a complaint with the BBB and anyone else you might need to contact. His name or identification has to be associated with that account for them to demand you pay her bill or as a justification of denial of services. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)