Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a bad mom vent)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son had his 4 month appointment and he is still very tiny. He was eating fine but the last week he has not been eating as much but I try and try and try. The doctor isn't worried a whole lot but has him on a special diet so he will gain. Everyone points out how tiny he is and asks if the doctor has looked at him. He is a little over 11 pounds but very tall so he looks skinnier then most babies. He is so perfect but I feel like a failure. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Taliya12
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

At least you feel like a failure more than thinking you are failure. Your child is perfect. He is your child not anyone else child. If you compare your child to bigger kids you are going to create your own misery. Instead let nature take its course. Your son said hey I rather just grow later. There are small kids and there are big kids. there are kids who eat. there are kids who overeat. then there are kids who know what they want. I think your son wants to eat but he is  CEO not an employee. Let him decide how much he eats and what he eats. As long as he is healthy who cares.  The best to a child is to just love your child, don't worry just know everything will workout.

My daughter was the chunky baby. She lost all baby weight. Her head even shrunk. The nurse not doctor thought she needed to get her MRI. The doctor said its genetics for some kids.  What my point is sometimes as mom we thinking we are failing but really we are just creating a world of misery for ourselves instead of just taking a deep breathe and saying he will come around. Remember America is over weight so maybe in london he is perfect.lol

Kandiface
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:02 PM
My son was the same weight, I believe. He's now 8 months and bout 20-21lbs and still very long. Hrs perfect and your son is perfect! Don't compare. I've learned over the months not to because it just makes me nervous. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kandiface
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:04 PM
About*, lol

Quoting Kandiface:

My son was the same weight, I believe. He's now 8 months and bout 20-21lbs and still very long. Hrs perfect and your son is perfect! Don't compare. I've learned over the months not to because it just makes me nervous. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:07 PM

You are not a failure.  It is frustrating when you want to make your baby gain weight and he won't gain what you'd like. You are normal to be doubtful of your skills. But you love your baby and have him under medical care and are doing what you can for him. He may just be a small baby, all babies are different. My first was small for his age. You are a good mom.

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:49 PM

You are not a failure! HUgs!

Fall_Fairy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Don't worry about it hun, my daughter doesn't eat that much either they'll get into not eating spurts and this is one of those times. Now if the doctor isn't worried than no need to be worried, my daughter is two almost 3 and is as tall as a 5 year old and super skinny. There are times she doesn't eat and than BAM she's eating EVERYTHING in sight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)