Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question and Introduction

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello, I haven't been on here since I was pregnant with my second child (which I lost at 12 weeks) but now I'm pregnant with my third. My first Wynter is doing GREAT she's almost 3 years old, they grow SO fast. But I have a question I need some advice. I'm probably going to get lots of disapprovles but this is for the best of this child.

So the guy who got me pregnant and I are no longer dating, but he wants full custody of the child when it's born (June/2012) I have no problem with this because he's rich and military the kid is set. But he's being a jerk to me and trying to keep me from having visitation rights. He wants to take me to court and fight this, I don't have the money to fight I need legal help or has someone been through this? What do I do? I want to see this child whenever, get updates, and still be mommy ya know? 

If ya'll have any advice I would love to hear it.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never give up a child because i was poorer than the jerk of a father.  I am guessing you dont breastfeed if you are giving the child up from birth.   I personally think a baby does better with his/her mother unless that mother is an addict.  Contact the family courts in your area and see what your options are.  In most cases they will help you out.

chadsmom05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momcat437
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Well, I guess you would know what's best for your child...find a legal aid office and get some advice ASAP...good luck to you!

Fall_Fairy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I do not breastfeed because I don't produce milk. Runs in the family for some reason, I love this child and this is hard for me trust me but I think the baby will be better off financally. At this moment I am unemployed and living with the jerk of the father (he's great to my daughter so I trust he'll be sweeter to this child). I'm on Food Stamps and Medical right now for my daughter and I'm doing everything I can to keep above water with her. I'm scared that I won't be able to support two kids, I was on BC and he was using protection lol this baby is very stubborn. I don't believe in abortion either 100% against it. But I want to make sure I can see this child because I love it already and always will it's a part of me. I don't want to be like my ex friend and just forget about them so please any advice I tried getting him to write a contract with me so we can get it notarized and stuff, he agreed until today.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I would definitely talk to a family court or the dept of social services about law help.  You do realize that he would have to support the child if they remained under your care and couldnt leave you high and dry especially if you decide at a later date that you prefer to have custody of child with him having the visitation. i am glad to know he treats your oldest very well, that bodes well for the future child.

Fall_Fairy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:17 PM

He made it clear that he wants to take this child and he'll fight me for it. I don't want to fight hence why I never went after Child Support for my DD I just want this to go smoothly. I'll try to go to the family court soon, but he wants a DNA test cause he thinks I cheated on him (which I didn't) so yeah lol just making everything harder :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)